Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited New Zealand's only Enzo today. It was at the dealership for one day only, before viewings in two more towns (Christchurch and Wellington), then delivery to its owner. I didn't bother to take my chequebook since it's aleady been sold.

My impression: it's HUGE! I didn't think it was anywhere near that size. I've seen smaller wheels on tractors! It's also much more beautiful in person, but I think that can be said for most supercars. I'll say my overall impression was WOW! My Dad and I looked at the other models there and decided that given the pick of the litter (Enzo excluded) we'd each take the dark blue 550 Maranello.
It was certainly a popular event! The car was surrounded in the morning when my dad and I saw it, and still surrounded when we walked past again two hours later.

It was a good day for sightings! While out walking the neighbourhood we saw two 308s (red and grey), a yellow 355, two 360 spyders (yellow and red), and a blue 550! Visiting the mothership, I guess (either that or it was just one of those neighbourhoods). Plus, there was a Lamborghini Murcielago (yellow) parked outside the Ferrari dealership when we got there. I don't know if it was a visitor, a bit of cross promotion, or the competition being cheeky, but it was brave of them to park it on the street in front of all those drooling car enthusiasts!

What a great day!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
buzzin_fly said:
I visited New Zealand's only Enzo today. It was at the dealership for one day only, before viewings in two more towns (Christchurch and Wellington), then delivery to its owner. I didn't bother to take my chequebook since it's aleady been sold.

My impression: it's HUGE! I didn't think it was anywhere near that size. I've seen smaller wheels on tractors! It's also much more beautiful in person, but I think that can be said for most supercars. I'll say my overall impression was WOW! My Dad and I looked at the other models there and decided that given the pick of the litter (Enzo excluded) we'd each take the dark blue 550 Maranello.
It was certainly a popular event! The car was surrounded in the morning when my dad and I saw it, and still surrounded when we walked past again two hours later.

It was a good day for sightings! While out walking the neighbourhood we saw two 308s (red and grey), a yellow 355, two 360 spyders (yellow and red), and a blue 550! Visiting the mothership, I guess (either that or it was just one of those neighbourhoods). Plus, there was a Lamborghini Murcielago (yellow) parked outside the Ferrari dealership when we got there. I don't know if it was a visitor, a bit of cross promotion, or the competition being cheeky, but it was brave of them to park it on the street in front of all those drooling car enthusiasts!

What a great day!
Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Welcome to the site! Do you have a link to that Ferrari dealer?

·
Registered
776 Posts
buzzin_fly said:
My impression: it's HUGE! I didn't think it was anywhere near that size. I've seen smaller wheels on tractors!
No kidding...I stand 6 foot 2 inches tall and this is a pic of me beside one...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i've said it before and will say it again, you really need to see the enzo in person

and buzzin_fly welcome to the forum
i didn't knew that there where that many ferrari's in new zealand, or not at least that close to each other, did you happen to have a camera with you?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Dirk,

And I will say it again too :D I don't like it that much! Saw it in person several times, and it made a F50 look pretty!

No flames please, just my opinion :green:

Maybe when I see it more often I start to appreciate it, but for now I do not like the looks.

Niels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dj Dirk said:
i didn't knew that there where that many ferrari's in new zealand, or not at least that close to each other, did you happen to have a camera with you?
No camera, unfortunately. Anyway, my shutter finger isn't that quick!

Apparently, there are 354 ferraris believed to be in NZ. Per capita we're doing OK. You can see the list as at March 18 at http://www.ferrari.org.nz/misc.htm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, the Ferrari Enzo is quite ostentatious. I think it looks extremely aggressive, which is always what Ferrari has wanted the general public to think of their automobiles. I firmly believe this car was made to be enjoyable to drive at speed. The sound of this car is absolutely amazing. Any Enzo critic should see the Tiff Needell video of his test drive. Nevertheless, I would not expect a Ferrari design purist to be a big fan of the exterior. I see your point though, if a car is so impractical to drive, and will spend most of its time in a garage, why not make it nice to look at? I guess this is the direction Pininfarina is taking us. Ferrari wants to compete for the consumer's money and they are striving to come out with new designs that will sway buyers of other exotic cars to try a Ferrari. Hey, you have to admit, this marketing concept must be working if you are seeing Lamborghinis at the Ferrari dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts