Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the various turorials on how to read Ferrari VIN's but I can't find any information on how to determine the production year for Euro cars from the VIN. The VIN on the 308 QV I am purchasing is: ZFFLA13B000055057

What year production is this? The current owner says it's an '85. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
You can not say which model year it is from a EURO vin, only from american vins.
This is interesting. I wonder why?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
jungathart said:
Dr. Bob said:
You can not say which model year it is from a EURO vin, only from american vins.
This is interesting. I wonder why?
Because on American cars the year digit is a number or letter, on the euro models this is only a 0, always. So you can not tell which modelyear it is.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
What's interesting is that he's a young person who yet does not own a Ferrari but has assembled a list of invaluable information.

He's very pleasant with whom to communicate.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Gcalo said:
What's interesting is that he's a young person who yet does not own a Ferrari but has assembled a list of invaluable information.

He's very pleasant with whom to communicate.
Yes Edvar is a true gentleman, I hope to meet him someday at a Ferrari event.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Now we just need to get him back on this site. I offered to build his private group their own site and even bought the domain name but no dice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts