Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
oh well, you have to be careful when you listen to what JC (or any other journalist) says

I find it interesting that he says in one moment that the F50 isn't fast enough because it has to meet so many "compromises", and 15 seconds later the says he preffers the F355 because the F50 is too fast

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
oh well, you have to be careful when you listen to what JC (or any other journalist) says

I find it interesting that he says in one moment that the F50 isn't fast enough because it has to meet so many "compromises", and 15 seconds later the says he preffers the F355 because the F50 is too fast
I found that interesting to, how the F50 wasn't fast enough, but then that was all of a sudden to fast.

Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either way, I want one. Personally I take him with a grain of salt his show is awesome and he takes both sides of the car debate the good and the bad of each vehicle.

The show is very clever, and funny. I was watching his review of the F60 and it was very comical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poh6fJpJHPY

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Some have wonder why the F50 doesn't get as much respect as the F40 or Enzo, I think Jeremy Clarksen hits the nail right on the head
I think that our resident F50 owners, Boxer and RufMD would disagree with Clarkson.
As much as I like Clarkson, he only seems to rate cars that he can powerslide around the TG track all day without spinning them. He is also known to talk out of his backside and contradict himself a lot.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Very fast, very much a race car, but not the fastest, said it will likely be locked away and never driven becuase of how raw it was.
Not really true. In many ways the F40 is rawer and harder to drive fast. Make a mistake with an F40 and it will swap ends in a second.

IMHO what happened with Clarkson was he found the limits on the F50 to be extremely high, in fact at a level that he was not comfortable with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really true. In many ways the F40 is rawer and harder to drive fast. Make a mistake with an F40 and it will swap ends in a second.

IMHO what happened with Clarkson was he found the limits on the F50 to be extremely high, in fact at a level that he was not comfortable with.
Hey mentioned it was faster around the track becuase of the fact the F40 is a turbo car, and one cant get on the gas as soon on exit like the N/A F50. Man I'd love to have just an hour with an F50 on a cool day here in Arizona.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hey mentioned it was faster around the track becuase of the fact the F40 is a turbo car, and one cant get on the gas as soon on exit like the N/A F50. Man I'd love to have just an hour with an F50 on a cool day here in Arizona.
The F50 is faster around a track due to better brakes, linear power, and the push rod suspension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts