Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended an Antique Automobile Collectors Association car show this weekend. I just barely slipped under the 25 year old or older radar. To my surprise, I won first place in my class (sports cars)! I was very happy with the nice plaque and people in attendance. Some very, very nice cars. Everything from Jaguar to MGA to a 1958 Lotus. Mostly restored cars that arrived on a trailer. Not me! I arrived on my own four wheels and left as such. Sorry about the quality of the photos; used a disposable camera and had the pictures put on a 3x5". Also, I took them at the end of the day when the majority of the cars had left...

Forza,

Dane

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Excellent! That is really cool Dane! Great story. In 2 more years my car will be an antique and then we can get first AND second place at these events. :green:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks.

Bart, I wasn't familiar at all with the Morgan that you mentioned. I assumed it was an MG (since it was parked with other MG's) until I was close to it. It is a neat looking car. I'd like to learn more about it. Now, you're 550 would've been treated like the Space Shuttle. How cool would it have been to have it lined up next to that Morgan?

Pete, yes, it'd be fun to line up side by side someday. Now, who wins... :D Maybe we could try for a tie and miss by just .011...

Andrew, I'm glad you don't think the photos are all that bad. I'd be really kicking myself if I hadn't brought a camera at all.

Again, thanks all very much! Cars are so cool. Period. :wink:

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Dane congrats man, it's always fun to win something with yur car, but how hard was the competition??

And Morgans are fun little British sports cars
BTW they have a new model out wich should be available by the end of this year early next year, take a look at the pic

PS, when are you gonna unpack that camera????

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barry,

This has been an experience that I will never forget. Each day, I think the Ferrari is just temporary, like a loaner. I enjoy it every time I drive it. I really have to use a great deal of self-control not to drive it more. Unfortunately, my wife is out of town and wasn't able to go with me.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dane,

It's been said that we are Ferrari "custodians" and not owners. We're charged with caring for the car until it's time to pass it on to another.

Barry

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barry,

Very well said and I feel exactly that way. It is under my charge and I'll do my best to ensure it's care is the best I can provide. By the way, I changed the oil in her last night. :)

Just trying to do my part,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bret,

Just saw your reply. It wasn't a Concours at Pebble Beach but I tell you I still felt pretty good. Thank you.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Morgan is a very unique car. The have not change it in years (30 or 40).

If you can find it, look at the three wheel Morgan. Yes, I said 3 wheels and it is not a motorcycle with a side car. I think some of it is made from wood. Not sure on that one but at one time is was. They still make it and there is a waiting list like our car.

:green:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bart,

Now that you mentioned the fact that there were three-wheeled ones, I did see one in Melbourne at a fantastic car show that coincided with the GP. It was very unique indeed. I just wouldn't have felt safe in that little bugger.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
T-Boy,

I was working with a $7 disposable camera and my Go-Go-Gadget Extendable Arm was Non-Mission Capable. :lol:

Forza,

Dane

1 - 20 of 23 Posts