Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
How much is it in U.S. dollars? Rims seem like super ugly after market rims. I sure do miss my F40 I sold last year. I would love to get another F40 hopefully sooner than later.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Roughly about $200k. It is a Euro model so would not be eligible for US import.
If there is a F40 for $200K, I would buy it in a heart beat, no questions asked as long as it is original and sound. I would buy a car that is not serviced as well. I know times are tough, but for $200K, I will scrap up the money somehow and would give anyone who finds me one a handsome finder`s fee as well. Isn`t there a statue of limitations on importing a car?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Statue of Limitations? Will have to research that but thinking not. SMOG, lights, safety etc. are always there unless car is in classic territory or one might register it as a historic vehicle....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Statue of Limitations? Will have to research that but thinking not. SMOG, lights, safety etc. are always there unless car is in classic territory or one might register it as a historic vehicle....
Ferrari Boxers were all made in Italy but I think after 20 years you could have freely import them from what I have heard. How about the Euro cars that are here in the U.S.? Why can`t we import the F40 and federalize it? How much could it cost?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
well, talking of CA, I know the SMOG would be an issue. Federalizing a grey is done all the time but there are good and marginal shops...not sure many are in the bus anymore.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
If there is a F40 for $200K, I would buy it in a heart beat, no questions asked as long as it is original and sound. I would buy a car that is not serviced as well. I know times are tough, but for $200K, I will scrap up the money somehow and would give anyone who finds me one a handsome finder`s fee as well. Isn`t there a statue of limitations on importing a car?
I have looked into Federalizing both an F50 and an F40. On the F50, you can only do it with a 1995 year car and cost is around $70k. On the F40 it is not economically viable.

The only solution is to wait the 25 years and then both are DOT/EPA exempt.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Good things come to those who wait. 4 more years for the first F40's.

Onno
It will be interesting to watch how the "spread" between F40' US and Europe prices will narrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts