Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Hi guys !

I have a chance to buy a modena (manual) with 70 000 km on the odometer for more than reasonable price. what i should to pay attention at.
what could be a week point (except of damages of course).

Thanks in advance :eek:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Hi Vladimir,
Welcome.
I think the buyer's guides here on the site will be of great help to you.
I think a Modena with 70.000Km is well driven and hopefully just as well taken cared of. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jungathart said:
Hi Vladimir,
Welcome.
I think the buyer's guides here on the site will be of great help to you.
I think a Modena with 70.000Km is well driven and hopefully just as well taken cared of. 8)
Thanks, but how i can enter this buyer's guide. Can't get the right topic.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
As long as the 360 Modena has been properly serviced, the mileage should not be an issue. Most Ferraris are low mileage because the owners choose to use them infrequently, not because the cars can not take it. Check the service records and have a full pre purchase inspection done. If the car gets a clean bill of health, then you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I used the European denotation of numbers, where a decimal is used instead of a comma.
Thus 70.000Km is actually @35,000miles. :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
As long as the car is documented and well kept, I see no problem in high mileage. Only when there's a blanc spot in the documentation, there might be a problem. A car with no documentation could just as easy drove 140.000 km. To many cardealers use this trick...

That's why I never buy a second hand daily driven car. I only think that it's hard on a F-car to rewind the odometer, because most cars are well kept. Am I right?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If the car has been taken care of there should be no problem. Modern Ferrari's are made to be driven. Problems come when you do not drive the car. Rubbers dry out, tires get flat spots, belts will set...When the car is driven you know it is working in good order. Have a PPI, and if they say the car is ok, I see no reason not to buy it, specially when it is cheaper because of that milage. But only buy it to drive it, if you are looking to resell it for a higher price, it is still a high milage car so it will fetch less than the regular cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dr. Bob said:
If the car has been taken care of there should be no problem. Modern Ferrari's are made to be driven. Problems come when you do not drive the car. Rubbers dry out, tires get flat spots, belts will set...When the car is driven you know it is working in good order. Have a PPI, and if they say the car is ok, I see no reason not to buy it, specially when it is cheaper because of that milage. But only buy it to drive it, if you are looking to resell it for a higher price, it is still a high milage car so it will fetch less than the regular cars.
I agree completely ! And I got the deal- after full inspection I'll beñame a real member of Fclub ( sure not Enzo, but for the beginning...)

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Will be reported my modena story.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
jungathart said:
I used the European denotation of numbers, where a decimal is used instead of a comma.
Thus 70.000Km is actually @35,000miles. :D
Actually... 70.000 km is about 45.000 miles.

A mile is 1609 meters.

Not being nitpicky here... just FYI

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer said:
To do a quick conversion, I normally divide miles by 1.6 to get kilometers.
actually, you have to multiply by 1.6 to go from miles to km

or, if you have no calculator, multiply by 8 and divide by 5 (I think that´s the best way)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
stile - alpine said:
Boxer said:
To do a quick conversion, I normally divide miles by 1.6 to get kilometers.
actually, you have to multiply by 1.6 to go from miles to km

or, if you have no calculator, multiply by 8 and divide by 5 (I think that´s the best way)
Opps, that is what happens when you type to fast :oops: :oops: . Thanks for catching it and I will correct :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts