Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Boxer,

As Pascal said: “Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.”

As an engineer, it sounds to me like you’re trying to curve fit a mathematical equation to an imaginary (emotional) curve. While I agree with the Use Case theory, it cannot account for the passion or emotion that drives desire.

I too have had several cars that were impractical as defined by Use Case rule. Ones that emotion led me to keep far past their “sell by” date. My current lineup of cars, which fit the Use Case model, are also on the extreme emotional end of the spectrum. My wife has placed a strict limit on Man Math, and thereby alloted space. So while there are cars that we’d like to acquire, the weak Use Case force alone cannot overcome the strong emotional force.

I guess in one way or another, we all want what we cannot have....

PS - I say buy the 16M. It may not completely satisfy your requirements, but you’ll enjoy it until a better use case comes along....

·
Administrator
15,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boxer,

As Pascal said: “Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.”

As an engineer, it sounds to me like you’re trying to curve fit a mathematical equation to an imaginary (emotional) curve. While I agree with the Use Case theory, it cannot account for the passion or emotion that drives desire.

I too have had several cars that were impractical as defined by Use Case rule. Ones that emotion led me to keep far past their “sell by” date. My current lineup of cars, which fit the Use Case model, are also on the extreme emotional end of the spectrum. My wife has placed a strict limit on Man Math, and thereby alloted space. So while there are cars that we’d like to acquire, the weak Use Case force alone cannot overcome the strong emotional force.

I guess in one way or another, we all want what we cannot have....

PS - I say buy the 16M. It may not completely satisfy your requirements, but you’ll enjoy it until a better use case comes along....
The 16M is really tempting and I do think it meet the Use Case criteria for a slot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts