Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all: My nearby Vintage Ferrari dealer friend showed me this unusal Dino 246 GT (Type E model ?). Let me attach few pics to show. This is a right hand Dino imported to Japan whereby the previous owner modified the car for rally use. Indeed, I was allowed to drive around the block for few minutes and my impression was quite different from the original Dino. Much more modern in performance. Very different. Like or dislike is a personal thing. Thought it might interest some members here. w/ smiles Jimmy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Very interesting. Motor looks to have been modified-unusual looking distributor set up. Is that lovely white 993 Ruf yours? It looks great!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the mention regarding my RUF, boys. I was told that this Dino was imported from England and the owner modified the car to his own image. The rear reminds me of the 512BBLM. Single, center exhaust pipe, etc. Although I have never been track racing, seems like this car had such scence in mind. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanx for the mention regarding my RUF, boys. I was told that this Dino was imported from England and the owner modified the car to his own image. The rear reminds me of the 512BBLM. Single, center exhaust pipe, etc. Although I have never been track racing, seems like this car had such scence in mind. w/ smiles Jimmy
It is an interesitng modification. Looks like he has tried to take out weight and up the power. However it does not look like the Dino has been lowered.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I've seen a Dino with the removal of the chrome bumpers in the front, but the addition of the fins looks a little off to me. The blinkers are also more noticeable in this one for some reason, probably because the fins bring so much attention to the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts