Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
6,317 Posts
If you are going pre-72 I would choose an early Dino 246 GT. Styling is very cool and the car is appreciating rapidly. If you get lucky you can find one for $50k USD but it will need some restoring.

I would agree with Dirk. 250 GTE. I don't know if the 246 makes a good distance car but I still perfer this car over the 250 GTE.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Would have to agree with Dirk. 250 GTE by all means, a real tourer and has the 12 cylinder engine in the front :green: . A 330 GT would come second. The 365 (besides Daytona doesn't tickle my senses that much.

·
Administrator
15,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 246 Dino is a great car, BUT to be comfortable driving it you really need to be under 6 feet tall. Over in Europe, they have really appreciated in price in the last 2 years.

DjDirk - Are you sure on the 250 GTE being a 5 speed ? I thought it was a 4 speed with overdrive.

Also which is the preferred model, a 250 GTE or a 330 America ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
The 250 GTE has the 3 litre V12, while the 330 America has a 4 litre V12. The 250 GTE was made in approx 950 units, while the 330 America approx 50. Lots of both models were wrecked, converted into GTO, TR,... I think it would be hard to get a 330 America in good condition under 60K. If you would then the 330 America is absolute favourite.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would opt for a 330 GT 2+2, I just find the lines of that car more beautiful than that of a GTE. A Dino will also do. I am not sure about the prices of a 330 GTC but that one is another high on the list.

Don''t think any other (except the 365 GTC, GTC/4 and GTE) pre-1972 Ferraris can be bought for that price. Others would be more expensive, if not much more expensive.

Niels

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.