Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is in the wrong section or regarded as spam but it's for a great cause.

Posting on behalf of Bruce Cuthbert event organiser of the day.

Ferrari's urgently wanted for Little Havens this sunday.

We only have 29 cars this weekend. Last year there were 44, so we are way down on numbers.

It's for a great cause. Little Havens is a childrens Hospice in Essex which looks after terminally ill children.

If you can help, please post up on this thread or here: http://www.clubscuderia.com/forum/sh...741#post393741

Come on, what else you going to do? Sleep in, read the newspaper????

There's no deadline, so if you wake up on sunday morning and feel like coming, please do.

http://www.littlehavens.org.uk/

MAP: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|SS7%202LH

---------------------------------------------------

There is food available and the venue quality is excellent being in the grounds of the Hospice - even the kids come out with some of us - quite a choker really because they look quite normal but in fact are nearing the end of their short lives. Central government donate UNDER £30,000 pa.

Little Havens Children’s Hospice is a charity based in Essex. The hospice offers regular respite, end of life care and bereavement support to children and their families who are affected by life threatening and life-limiting illnesses. Little Havens requires £2.1 million each year to provide its services, the majority of which is raised from charitable gift, fundraising events and donations.

The Ferrari Day is a hugely successful event, where last year we had over 800 visitors and the amazing spectacle of over 40 Ferraris who take members of the public around a designated circuit. We work with the Essex Ferrari club and Club Scuderia, who all kindly donate there time and cars free of charge.

There will also be lots of other attractions on the day with a BBQ from Outback Steakhouse, a giant Scalectrix, a Ferrari raffle, a fantastic driving simulator – kindly donated by Pirelli, helicopter rides, and lots more.

It really is a fantastic event to be a part of. It is held at the Little Havens site which gives many of the families and children who use the Hospice the opportunity to be a part of it.

Returning to the cars, we need about 40 and I am fairly
confident this will be achieved again!
This year’s event is going to attempt to raise about the same as last
which finally hit the £18k. We are optimistic of getting
close to £18k again and it is only with your support that this
can happen. Remember insurance is not a problem.
You are offering a ride in a Ferrari for a donation to a
charity (not hire and reward).
I would like to thank Antony Shine and Simon Walker for their
Help from the Essex Ferrari Owners Club and Club Scuderia who are so generous with their
time, effort, support and money.

Our main sponsor this year is HR Owen again and to them a

very special thank you as well as so many other generous
sponsors.
I am looking forward to the event and hope it gives as
much pleasure to all of us, the public and organisers
as it did in the last 2 years.

We would still like a few more Ferrari's involved, so if you feel you can give your time to this very worth while day even for a few hours please email me through my profile.

Thanks to you all for your Continuing support.

Some pictures from last year

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts