Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Bob Houghton's Ferrari today. My favorite cars of the day was the 1970s Lemans entrant 512. This car also held the UK landspeed record.
Also i loved the 288 GTO (there was two of them) and the white 275:thumbsup:
I took a siht load of pictures so if there is any more of a particular car you want to see. Shout up pilgrims:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi Chaz, you have some great pictures. Cant believe the variety of Ferrari's that are in the workshop. Are any of the Dino's, F40's and 288GTO's up for sale or are they just in for a service?

What is the Ferrari inside the workshop near the back with the F40 on the right of it? Picture no.23

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very nice pictures:thumbsup:

Chris

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Superb collection there Chaz, lots to drool over, thanks for posting:thumbsup:
The yellow 512 is awesome. We've got 3 different hot wheels version of it, that's as close as I'll ever come to owning one.
What was the black racing car just behind the F50?
Don't like that reboodied TR.
Must have been a great day out

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The yellow 512 is awesome. We've got 3 different hot wheels version of it, that's as close as I'll ever come to owning one.
Well this is my first one that i have seen in the flesh myself. I to have a couple of models of the 512. Although i have the 1/12 models which measure 16in long (pics). I love the 512s:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great models Chaz, superb detail. I wouldn't dare give my 6 yr old son one of those, within 10 seconds it would be chipped and wheels would be missing:yikes: He loves racing his cars around the house and has over 100 Ferrari models, but he hasn't learned how to take care of them yet. So he just gets cheap Hot Wheels, Maisto and Burago toys to play with.
When I sold my 328, I gave him my 1/18 328 model by way of compensation, but with strict instructions that it was not to be removed from the platform it was screwed to and it had to stay on the shelf in his bedroom at all times. I gave him one of my 250 Lusso's to play with a few years ago, and when I got it back I had to superglue the rear wheels back on.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thanks mate!

The GTO is a top 2 fave! The F50 with the roof on? looks so cool (other top 2 fave). The White 275 with the light blue leather just stole my heart! and the Giallo 275 is trying to steal it back again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That has got to be every Ferrari I have ever wanted to own. I have worked for 2 different dealers and we never had a collection like that all at the same time. I love the 275 just stunning. The greatest thing I have ever seen at one dealership was 7 F40's were in for the suspension recall all at the same time. I thought that was great it pales in comparison to what you have posted. I bow down to you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have three questions:

1 & 2) Who designed and built that Testarossa rebody? Do you happen to know what it's S/N is?

3) I recognise the striped-out, bare shell of a car under restoration as an ASA 1000. Do you happen to know what the S/N of that car is?

Man, this is a pretty sweet place to visit. Thanks for posting these pics :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Top pics Chaz.

I haven't ever seen that (or any, for that matter) white 275 before - unless it has been recently resprayed...

I have three questions:

1 & 2) Who designed and built that Testarossa rebody? Do you happen to know what it's S/N is?

3) I recognise the striped-out, bare shell of a car under restoration as an ASA 1000. Do you happen to know what the S/N of that car is?

Man, this is a pretty sweet place to visit. Thanks for posting these pics :)
The Testarossa rebody was designed by the owner. Whether you like it or not (personally, I do like it as something different) it is beautifully done. I think Bob Houghton's did some of the work on it, but I may be wrong. The serial no is 87193.

Can't help with the ASA.

It's hard to tell but the car with the reg. no. "HCY 700D" looks to be either a 400 Superamerica, or a 500 Superfast... Either case, a super nice, rare car.
It is a 500 Superfast s/n 6661.

Jonathan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
The Testarossa rebody was designed by the owner. Whether you like it or not (personally, I do like it as something different) it is beautifully done. I think Bob Houghton's did some of the work on it, but I may be wrong. The serial no is 87193.
Great pictures Chaz.

Do like the rebodied TR. If money and time were no object, I think I would give serious consideration on coverting a TR to a 3 posti.

Financially though it would be a disaster. You would end up buying a TR for about GBP 35k and then spend GBP 80-100k on the rebody. The net result however is that you would end up with a car worth GBP 40-50k.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts