Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will end the first half of the season. I think Ferrari stands a good chance of winning the constructors cup.

Any of us going to be there?

8)

·
Registered
895 Posts
I wish I was able to have done the double, but unfortunately, I am here, stuck, at home now after an emotional high after being there in Montreal. I, like normal, will now have to settle for coverage on the telly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm happy to be going to the race for the second year in a row. it's just a short drive for me. I went and toured the pits today, and I must say seeing everything put into action up close is amazing. Good luck Ferrari!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the front row is backwards; Rubens is first & Michael is second.

Anyway, Ferrari is in a good position to win again.

Hurray.

GO FERRARI!!!!!!!!

8) :green:

·
Registered
10 Posts
:eek:ha:The Michelin tyres could not take it, Ralf put it in the wall with thankfully no injury, Montoya failed on the grid and then got disqualified (again), Button retired before the car failed, BAR goofed on their pit stop strategy, the McLarens were reliable (only just for Kimi)and wonderfully slow, the Jaguars were as poor as usual, pretty much everyone made mistakes except for....Baumgartner in the Minardi who kept his "nose clean" and won an extraordinary point for himself and the team!

Oh, yes: not even Rubens could do anything about Michael! An overtaking manouevre that took your breath away at 348 km/h on the dirty side of the track with tyres that were not up to temperature!

La Rossa was yet again unbeatable.

We are witnessing the writing of probably the greatest pages in the history of motor racing. La Ferrari and Michael Schumacher. No one, no matter how much they spend even comes close.

To those who find it "boring" I tell you that you know nothing about F1 - this is thrilling beyond all belief!

And now to France............

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Peterm said:
Oh, yes: not even Rubens could do anything about Michael! An overtaking manouevre that took your breath away at 348 km/h on the dirty side of the track with tyres that were not up to temperature!
you mean that he wasn't allowed to pass Micheal, Todt & Brawn ruined Rubens race by calling him in together with Michael so that he had to wait in line in the pit witch costed him the win, after that he was all the time faster, tried once to pass and all of a sudden he couldn't get close enough anymore to try again, in other words he was told to back off

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
why did it take so long before somebody was with Ralf? It took I think 1m30 or something at least. If that car was on fire it would have bene way too late. I know, these cars don't catch fire fast, but if they do, and no-one reache sthe car in time... I think that way way too long

·
Registered
10 Posts
Todt & Brawn did nothing to ruin Ruben's race: Ruben's lost the race when Michael passed him on the first restart, which is the maneuvre which i refer to. Thereafter, calling him in was the only thing to do. In addition he did not loose too much time as Michael was about to pull away when he arrived, he took on more fuel than Michael and he fluffed his get away from the pits as he almost stalled. Later he caught Michael, tried to pass him and failed. Rubensis good but do not forget that without Michael, Rubens would have never won a GP. Michael has developped the car, not Rubens.
Like him or not, Michael is a living legend and the pass on Rubens is the stuff that only the very great can do.

The explanation as to why Ralf was left for so long in his car that I heard and that makes sense is that there is a survival cell inside the car that holds the (possibly) injured driver in place and that removing him from it is time "well lost". In addition he was awake and talking to his pit before the medics arrived.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm not talking about the time they took to take him out of the car, I was talking about the time between the crash and the moment the first marshall/docotr arrived. IMO that was way too long

·
Registered
10 Posts
On that I agree with you

Also do not understand why they did not have the pace car run the "train" through the pits (very wide at Indy) as the risk of someone picking up a shard of carbon was huge and why take the chance of someone loosing it right there where they were working?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
that is a interesting question. But if not everybody is behind the safetycar due to pitstops, some people may miss that and still take the normal track, marshalls won't expect that, and that is a greater danger I think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not a bad race. At least the right two cars came in first and second. They had the legs on the field, but only just. JPM was as fast or faster then as our boys until they discovered his starting grid infraction. Before he was black flagged, he was running 1/2 sec. per lap faster than the Ferrari's. Then Sato really booked.

As far as bring MS and RB in together. It really robbed RB of his big chance. They went into the pits 1&2 and came our 1&6! Game set and match to MS.

It took way too long for the emergency crew to get to RS because the F1 crowd insists on their own medical crew. That crew that to drive all the way around the track because the shunt happened behind them. If this had been a "normal" Indianapolis race, the medical crew whould have been to his assistance before the car came to a rest. The medical staff at this venue if matchless anywhere in the world.

The attendance for this race was WAY OFF. I doubt if 1/2 as many people attended this year as last. There were whole grand stands roped off and empty that were full last year. Bernie and Tony better find a way to promote this race or there won't be enought people attending in two years to make it worth while. Pit walks and drive around opportunities (today for yesterday's attendies) are a start, but they really need to hit the motor press.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Very intersting race. Glad to see Ralf is OK.

Dirk, sorry for the slow response, but yes, I have pictures from Thursday. Hopefully will upload them to an imagestation alblum soon.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Rosso said:
Very intersting race. Glad to see Ralf is OK.

Dirk, sorry for the slow response, but yes, I have pictures from Thursday. Hopefully will upload them to an imagestation alblum soon.
you have a photo album right here, remember?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disagree with tmeranda! Race was won when MS passed RB on the first restart. RB came out 6th because took on much more fuel than MS and fluffed it on the getaway.

According to Tony George (interviewed on ITV) attendance up 5% on 2003.

Montoya was faster but was much lighter at the time - strategies were very different.

Look at the fastest laps in the race: RB and MS MUCH quicker than anyone else....

The secret to winning is to go flat out only when you need to....

Another lesson from Ferrari to the rest of the field and from MS to RB.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Disagaree with Peterm

1. We will never know if Rubens took on more fuel unless we know what they finsihed with. If he did, then why didn't he pit for his 2nd fuel stop much later than MS? RB was running almost as fast as MS at the end, so the difference couldn't have been much.

2. They never announce attendence, but George must be smoking somethin other than Lucky Strikes. I sit in GP turn 13, and last year two whole grand stands to my right were full. This year they were roped off, and the one I sat in was 90% empty. Look at the telecast and you can see row after row of empty seats. Half of the snack stands were closed in fact. I perdict now that Indy will not be the venue in two years when the contract is up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts