Ferrari Life Forum banner

Twin Turbo F355

23K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  e_jacob77 
#1 ·
Thought you may be interested in seeing a recent twin turbo conversion by www.nizpro.com.au from the land downunder on an F355.

The engine is internally stock and at a very early stage of development (just completed - running out of injector - 7psi boost max) it's making a genuine 450 rear wheel horsepower.

I've attached a couple images for a look see.

#8 ·
Dr. Bob, sorry I hadn't replied earlier!

Yes, this is the first tt conversion of the F355 Ferrari, however Nizpro has performed numerous other TT conversions on various cars.

The results since that first post have changed a little in that now with larger injectors and 9.5psi boost, the car is making 526 rear wheel hp (392.8 kW) or in the vicinity of 650 flywheel horsepower (it ran out of fuel pump and the belief is that it will - with a new pump - be good for an additional 40 rwhp or 700 flywheel).

The kit is now going in to production and will be offered the world over.

Installation will take a good mechanic no more than one day to complete.

Now to your specific questions Dr. Bob.

Performance wise, the vehicle in question is now capable of covering the quarter mile in a little over 10 seconds at 141 mph, and is certainly quicker than an F40, F50 and virtually any other vehicle you would like to name (never mind the braking ability :).

Extra maintenance isn't really needed for the simple reason that with low boost the engine really is not being punished, particularly given that the extra power means the engine doesn't need to be revved. This said, if given too much power too often via hard launches, the clutch won't last and one wonders how the trans would go under these conditions.

Under normal road and hard mountain driving, no dramas at all.

Regarding broken engines, we've spoken with Ferrari insiders, and they believe there should not be any poor effects in either the short or long term.

Now if you would like more info on the kits, I can supply as desired.

Please either contact me through this forum or at:

sales@nizpro.com.au

cheers.

#9 ·
I don't have a Ferrari or any car myself so you won't make any money on me, but does the car only receive extra hp, or does it get a stiffer suspension, or bigger brakes? You won't need those if you only use it for the street, but for the track it would be nice. On the other hand, for the track you need a complete reinforcement of the drivetrain. Do you have any pics of the conversion? I saw you had some problems posting pics, just sent them to bob@ferrariforum.net and I'll post them for you.

And something more specific: Do you know the chassisnumber of the car that had the conversion? If you don't want to give it out to the whole world you can also PM it to me.

Is this the first Ferrari you guys did, or only the first 355? I know Norwood in the USA did some extreme 1000 hp Testarossa's.

Thanks

#10 ·
Nice installation. A couple of questions, from a turbo owner (91 Toyota MR2 Turbo)

1) what turbos are you using?

2) have you plumbed the exhaust to use the stock muffler?

3) why have you decided to vent the Blow off Valves to the air instead of plumbing them to flow the air back in front of the turbo intake? By doing so you dump air that the ECU has already used to calculate the proper air/fuel mixture and increase turbo lag.

More on what I'm talking about:
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/bov.htm

And see the attached photo for physical description of what I'm talking about.

#11 ·
Dr. Bob. Suspension and brakes - we do what a customer wants and is prepared to pay for.

Drive train reinforcement is not needed.

Chassis number....umm, don't think the owner would like to give it out.

Senna21.
Please refer to the following for full details. There are no blow off valves! and the wastegate is plumbed back into the fabricated exhaust system (you can't use a stock exhaust or muffler.

Two Packages are offered as follows:

1) 575flywheel hp (355kW) at wheels (6-psi boost)

· Pre-programmed MoTeC ECU M800 with plug in loom adaptors (can be upgraded to include traction control, Lambda, logging and so forth).
· MoTeC loom and associated fuses.
· High-flow 4-spray fuel injectors.
· 2 x High-flow Garret GT roller bearing turbochargers.
· 45mm Turbosmart wastegate.
· 2 x custom high volume tube and fin intercoolers with cast tanks.
· Thermatic fans on each intercooler with On temperature of 28c and 22c Off via MoTeC switching.
· Custom large volume Air Cleaner box with low restriction K&N filter element mounted under bonnet vent and associated tubing, cast in aluminium in either polished or powder coated finish depending on customer’s requirements.
· Turbocharger exhaust manifolds 3mm stainless steel or cast (depending on application (depending on catalytic converter).
· Same with cast stainless steel wastegate plumbing.
· 2 x Cast aluminium pipe from inlet manifold to intercooler pipes.
· 4 x 76mm rubber ‘hump’ hoses (intercooler/inlet).
· 6 x 76mm silicon rubber hoses (turbocharger to intercooler and turbo to air cleaner plumbing).
· 20 x stainless steel hose clamps.
· 2 x aluminium weld on dash-10 sump fittings for turbo drain back hoses (depending on quantity we will cast a higher volume CNC machined sump with integral drain back holes).
· 2 x braided stainless steel turbo drain back hoses.
· 2 x braided stainless steel turbo feed hoses.
· 4 x braided stainless steel water feed and return hoses.
· All copper washers, banjo bolts, T-pieces, gaskets and hose clamps to suit above.
· High-flow dual inlet and twin outlet 3-inch in and out stainless steel muffler.
· CNC laser cut turbo-mounting bracket.

Indicative current buying price: AU$42,000 + shipping and insurance.

2) 650hp and 400 rwkw (9.5 psi boost)

As above plus:

· High volume package.
· Modified programming.
· Modified wastegate.
· High volume fuel pump.

Indicative current buying price: AU$47,000 + shipping and insurance.

For those who would like to know a little more about the company behind the product, please refer to the web sire: www.nizpo.com.au.

Attachments

#14 ·
Why have you decided not to use BOV's? Not questioning you, but wondering. I know that with standard journal bearing turbo's, the shaft can be split by the reverberation of air from the throttle body closing, compressore surge. Not immediately, but over time. With ball bearing this is less of an issue, I know, but that is still alot of air.

Turbosmart does make excellent BOV's, as I know you are aware.

#19 ·
Thank you very much for the welcome.

For all those interested, we are working with Nizpro to become the sole dealer for them within the US and the only dealer outside of Australia. We are very excited about this opportunity, but right now we are only in the preliminary stages of negotiating for the kit.

#21 ·
Ed,
I take it Twin Turbo is your moniker? A twin turbo Enzo? Or twin turbo Modena? I know that there is the twin sueprcharger kit, but not a twin turbo kit for either car. Please correct me if I am wrong. Unless it be a koenig.

#22 ·
those cars dont exist man, just a dream and a fantasy.

no kits available, but i'd be able to fab up some mani's use 2 gt30r's, fuel em respectively as they need be using of course motec and well the rest could be just sleepless nights with the calculator, dyno, and laptop.

i would never in my life put a sc on a ferrari, that is probably the only mod i'd ever consider an insult to the name.

Ed-

#23 ·
Ed,
I am beginning to deal with a company out of AUS that is making the 355TT, and if that kit is a succes, next project would be the 360TT, then the 430TT.

FYI, There is a Twin S/C kit for the 360 Modena, the Novitec Rosso kit. $55K, twin superchargers, on site install by Novitec engineers. As comparison for now, the F355 TT kit is looking to be maybe around $42,000. Price is yet to be determined simply because all the details have yet to be ironed out.

#24 ·
The Nizpro turbo kit is now available within the US. We are the sole distirbutors for the F355 TT turbo kit. Available with 6psi and 13psi on stock internals, this kit is truly top notch.

Available now. :green:

#25 ·
Contents of the F355 Twin turbo kit:
Stage 1
-Preprogrammed MoTec ECU M800 with plug in loom adaptors (can be upgraded to include traction control, Lambda, logging, and so forth)
-MoTec loom and associated fuses
-High flow 4-spray fuel injectors
-Twin high-flow Garrett GT ball bearing turbochargers
-45mm Turbosmart Pro-Gate wastegate
-Twin custom high volume tube and fin intercoolers with cast tanks
-Thermatic fans on each intercooler with On temp of 28C(83F) and 22C(72F) Off via MoTec switching
-Custom large volume Air Cleaner box with low restriction K&N filter element mounted under the hood and associated tubing, cast in aluminum in either polished or powdercoated finish, depending on customer requirements
-Turbocharger exhaust manifolds made from 3mm stainless steel or cast depending on application (with catalytic converter or without)
-Cast stainless steel wastegate plumbing
-Twin cast aluminum pipe from inlet manifold to intercooler pipes
-4x76mm rubber "hump" hoses (intercooler/inlet)
-6x76mm silicon rubber hoses (turbocharger to intercooler and turbo to air cleaner plumbing)
-20 stainless steel hose clamps
-2 aluminum weld on -10 sump fittings for turbo drain back hoses (depending on quantity, we will cast a higher volume CNC machined sump with integral drain back holes)
-2 braided stainless steel turbo drain back hoses
-2 braided stainless steel turbo feed hoses
-4 braided stainless steel water feed and return hoses
-All copper wahsers, banjo bolts, T-pieces, gaskets and hose clamps to suit above
-High-Flow dual inlet and twin outlet 3-inch in and out stainless steel muffler
-CNC laser cut turbo mounting bracket

#26 ·
Stage 2 creates 750hp (603whp) at 13psi and contains the following(in addition to Stage 1):

-High Volume package
-Modified programming of MoTec
-Modified wastegate
-High volume fuel pump

Pricing:
Stage 1: $36000
Stage 2: $39000

This is expensive, but only the best components have been used. The MoTec M800 ECU alone is $7000. And the turbo's are another $4500.

For reliability questions, this kit has been driven almost 10,000 miles with no sign of detonation, drivetrain damage, or clutch slip. This car has been drag raced repeatedly and has consistently hit low 11's on 3 year old Pirelli's. With drag radials and launch control, times will easily be within the mid 10 second range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.