Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently own a 550 with tubi exhaust mufflers. The car sounds good already but someone suggested that I replace the central catalytic exhaust with a tubi x pipe. Apparently this would make the car sound even better and improve performance significantly. I am somewhat concerned that the sound might get too loud. I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has done this or anyone who has any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I currently own a 550 with tubi exhaust mufflers. The car sounds good already but someone suggested that I replace the central catalytic exhaust with a tubi x pipe. Apparently this would make the car sound even better and improve performance significantly. I am somewhat concerned that the sound might get too loud. I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has done this or anyone who has any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks.
I did this and it sounded good and maybe saved a little weight. Loud at idle but quiet midrange cruising with good sounds at higher revs. I may have lost just a few horsepower compared to separate pipes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this and it sounded good and maybe saved a little weight. Loud at idle but quiet midrange cruising with good sounds at higher revs. I may have lost just a few horsepower compared to separate pipes.
Thank you for the feedback. I may have a few less horses compared to straight pipes but I am sure that you gained a few horses compared to the standard central catalytic converter. Did you get any warning signal lights from the ECU when you installed the Tubi X pipe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I may have a few less horses compared to straight pipes but I am sure that you gained a few horses compared to the standard central catalytic converter. Did you get any warning signal lights from the ECU when you installed the Tubi X pipe?
The pipes I removed were clad dual pipes and I do not believe they had any catalytic action. The cats are up front I believe. There were no warning signals as the sensors are ahead of the center pipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts