Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently own a 550 with tubi exhaust mufflers. The car sounds good already but someone suggested that I replace the central catalytic exhaust with a tubi x pipe. Apparently this would make the car sound even better and improve performance significantly. I am somewhat concerned that the sound might get too loud. I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has done this or anyone who has any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I currently own a 550 with tubi exhaust mufflers. The car sounds good already but someone suggested that I replace the central catalytic exhaust with a tubi x pipe. Apparently this would make the car sound even better and improve performance significantly. I am somewhat concerned that the sound might get too loud. I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has done this or anyone who has any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks.
I did this and it sounded good and maybe saved a little weight. Loud at idle but quiet midrange cruising with good sounds at higher revs. I may have lost just a few horsepower compared to separate pipes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this and it sounded good and maybe saved a little weight. Loud at idle but quiet midrange cruising with good sounds at higher revs. I may have lost just a few horsepower compared to separate pipes.
Thank you for the feedback. I may have a few less horses compared to straight pipes but I am sure that you gained a few horses compared to the standard central catalytic converter. Did you get any warning signal lights from the ECU when you installed the Tubi X pipe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I may have a few less horses compared to straight pipes but I am sure that you gained a few horses compared to the standard central catalytic converter. Did you get any warning signal lights from the ECU when you installed the Tubi X pipe?
The pipes I removed were clad dual pipes and I do not believe they had any catalytic action. The cats are up front I believe. There were no warning signals as the sensors are ahead of the center pipe.

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Hello,
Thanks.
Hello Nick,
in orders:
1) The centre X-pipes are less louder (less decibel) than the straight pipes, and delete the drone caused by the Tubi mufflers, if present.
2) The literature tell that the V12 engines have max power with separates exuasut lines, the x-pipes it reduce a little bit the power but in my opinion the drone erasing caused by some mufflers it's mor important tahan the less loss power ....
3) The centre x-pipes change a little bit the sound frequency perceiped, sound become a litle bit more screaming but with less decibel than the straight pipes.
4) As said before by a chat friend, the only things that could turn on the check engine light are the catalysts removal, from the centre to the back side you can do as you want and will never had check light on.

I do another type of centre section for the Maranello, it have both positive things of the straight pipes (louder) and X-pipes (no drone), if you woule like to have explanations can write me.

You have a nice day

Fabio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts