Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I am putting a Tubi exhaust on my 328. Besides a better sound, will I get an increase in Horsepower as well?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had an after market performance system for my 328 along with K&Ns. It wasnt the extra power that i remember about the set up, but it was the way theengine felt alot free'er. It reved alot quicker and smoother. Over all the car felt alot better than standard. Great cars them 328s, miss mine still.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you do realize a horsepower gain, I believe that it'll be neglible. However, the sound alone is well worth it!
As 'ferrarispider' did, I have K&Ns and a Tubi on my 328 and the car did seem to rev smoother after those mods. Whether it's all in my head or not, made no difference to me. Enjoy your Tubi!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not really an increase so to say but you will feel improved response is the best way I can put it. Many times people confuse this with more power.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant say for sure that there is a Horsepower increase because I never really got to put the car through it's paces with the stock exhaust but, the sound is unreal.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
19 Posts
The basic design of a Tubi muffler is similar in concept to the old "Turbo" muffler, reflecting the exhaust gases to reduce noise. The Tubi muffler will lose power over a well designed straight though muffler.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've been thinking of putting a Tubi on my US spec 308 GTSi until I phoned and got a price yesterday. £1350 :eek: seems an awful lot for a silincer.
The supplier did quote an 11BHP increase in power due to it flowing free'er. I already have the cats removed which made the car more lively and sound a little better. I suppose I may start saving but I'll be looking for somewere that does them a little cheaper I think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Tubi was used and I got it for 1200. USD installed. Then I got 300 USD for my Euro exhaust that was on my car. So, it costed me 900.00 USD. Look around for a used one if you can.

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts