Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a local dealer has a very nice 79' 308. the body has a few flaws but those are easily fixed. as is the few interior flaws. the BIG question i have is this. the air pump was removed by the previous owner. i know that a early 80's gm piece will woek but i want to know if this car can pass emissions without a airpump? has stock exhaust, and a stock motor with 60k+ the odometer. btw thanks for any help given.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not a ferrari dealer. i should have said that it was not. they said it passed its last test 2 years ago but as far as i am concerned they are full of it. here in washington you dont do a under hood inspection just a sniffer test. and the registration was up 6 months ago. should the dealer selling the car have to be responceable for making the car pass?

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well went to the dealer today and look the cars over again and drove it for a half hour or so. and decided to buy as long as the dealer was able to register the car for me. so now they are respencable for it passing. and i got that written on the bill of sale. that and the new brake and turn signal lenses they owe me for breaking them while moving a desk.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it still has the factory exhaust on it. from what i gather the guy gave the car to his russian wife and they divorced. so the car has been on consignment for awhile now. other than that i dont know. it has been pretty well maintained and all services up to this point are taken care of. i will get the chassis number tomarrow. i had it written down but i washed my jeans today and all my info i had noted was in them. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.