Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fellow car enthusiasts
I’m looking to buy a brand new Ferrari, I‘m looking to get an F8, I currently own a brand new Mclaren 720s and a Porsche GT3 RS the Mclaren was custom ordered,when the choices and upgrades were decided my wife and I left the dealership and a month later decided on buying it, when we left Mclaren , we knew the price and how long was the lead time, the sales rep helped us with the configuration and was attentive, I went to Ferrari of Houston and tried to do the same ( again I know we are buying it ) the sales rep would not help me unless I coughed up $ 10 k deposit on the spot, I taught that was pushy on top the guy being pompous, not only he would not help, he said that I would leave not knowing the price until maybe 6 months later ( shady too ) as on both occasions configurating my current Mclaren and a Lamborghini I knew the price; again I took a little time to convince my self that I chose the right color as the other specs we were sure of them, I found that shady and the behavior of this sales rep not expected; I’d like to know if this is normal on the Ferrari universe ? the if you have to ask how much you can’t afford it should not apply here,customers should know how much they are looking to spend to make a sound decision, not only the car salesman would not help but he tried to push a new 296 stating that buying an F8 would be a mistake since they are horrible cars ( is basically his way or go somewhere else )
any input is appropriate it

·
Registered
438 Posts
I bought my f-car used so I wouldn't know about buying from a dealership. Sounds like the salesman is unethical and/or the organizational structure of this dealership has some fundamental flaws. Talik to the manager and if you get the same response go to another place. It is not every day someone is willing to spend 6-figures on a car and other more sane sales people would be more appreciative.++++

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my f-car used so I wouldn't know about buying from a dealership. Sounds like the salesman is unethical and/or the organizational structure of this dealership has some fundamental flaws. Talik to the manager and if you get the same response go to another place. It is not every day someone is willing to spend 6-figures on a car and other more sane sales people would be more appreciative.++++

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
A custom 'speced' item for anything would IMO require a deposit or the buyer should be deferred.

Have you tried boardwalk in TX? they have a very good rep especially with Ferrari spa and even though I ONLY buy used exotics they were very sterling to me in our 599 recent purchase at Ferrari of San Francisco, which they bought directly from Ferrari: for many year Ferrari of San Francisco was Ferrari's ONLY factory owned dealership in the world and they were extremely picky on whom would take over their flagship. Boardwalk got it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts