Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 360 spider...I'm having some clutch fade when I'm driving really hard it feels spongy.. is that normal? I also noticed that it's not shifting into 2nd from 1st very smoothly anymore...it kinda clunks and then goes in... but its intermittent.... also noticed it burns the clutch and smells really bad if i'm not careful taking off from a stop??? I had a local Euro shop inspect the cluth and they said that it looked like there was still a bit of material left? What should I expect/do? Thanks!! Levi

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I have a 2003 360 spider...I'm having some clutch fade when I'm driving really hard it feels spongy.. is that normal? I also noticed that it's not shifting into 2nd from 1st very smoothly anymore...it kinda clunks and then goes in... but its intermittent.... also noticed it burns the clutch and smells really bad if i'm not careful taking off from a stop??? I had a local Euro shop inspect the cluth and they said that it looked like there was still a bit of material left? What should I expect/do? Thanks!! Levi

It does not sound normal at all. Take it to a Ferrari workshop and have them hook it up to the SD2. They will then be able to tell the wear % on your clutch.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Agree that does not sound good you should not be able to burn the clutch that easily from a start.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No.. still having trouble shifting into 2nd gear... it grinds a little sometimes... and then sometimes its fine... all other gears are fine... its a 6 speed manual not F1 transmission so computer hookup wont help... is it the syncro or do you think I need a new clutch?:confused:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
No.. still having trouble shifting into 2nd gear... it grinds a little sometimes... and then sometimes its fine... all other gears are fine... its a 6 speed manual not F1 transmission so computer hookup wont help... is it the syncro or do you think I need a new clutch?:confused:
If it grinds, you might need to replace the syncro mesh on 2nd gear.

Does it only do it when you are downshifting ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Syncro mesh at 12K miles?!?!?! doesn't do it on down shifting. I thought this was a high quality sports car? If I have to replace that now, i'm not buying another ferrari I can assure you that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts