Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I have no idea. In the Netherlands we call plain yellow kanarie yellow. A Kanarie is one of those birds people have in a cage at home, I'm to lazy to look up the English word.

So maybe it is just a expression, and they use it ever since. Normal red for Ferrari is also Rosso Corsa, Colorcodes are never just yellow or Red or black

·
Registered
900 Posts
Are you sure? I've heard it called Ferrari Legend Yellow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flys (and many other insects) are attracted to yellow.

There was an old European practise of painting one wall in a room or kitchen bright yellow. This would attract the flys to that wall so they wouldn't be buzzing around bothering you. This led to Fly Yellow.

Interesting piece of info.

·
Registered
900 Posts
gerber said:
Flys (and many other insects) are attracted to yellow.

There was an old European practise of painting one wall in a room or kitchen bright yellow. This would attract the flys to that wall so they wouldn't be buzzing around bothering you. This led to Fly Yellow.

Interesting piece of info.
So technically speaking the flies would buzz around on the car and not the driver.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
ah, so when you have a Fly Yellow car, it will always be covered in splatted flies?

Flies attracted to a car travelling at 100 mph LOL :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes and yes. :p

Stick a yellow car next to any other color on a nice hot day and see who's attracts more bugs. ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
gerber said:
Yes and yes. :p

Stick a yellow car next to any other color on a nice hot day and see who's attracts more bugs. ;)
Ah! So that's why thee were so many bugs on the "fly" yellow/giallo Enzo at Concorso... :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts