Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer my girl and I went on a trip to Italy. It was a last minute decision. We bought a tent and checked the car. Then we brought our dog to my girls parents because we figured the trip was to long and to hot for him (we were right…).
Wednesday the 26ste of July we started our journey about 4 o’clock in the morning and we drove almost the entire morning without stopping, until we reached Austria. We found a campsite just after the Italian border.

The next day we drove nonstop to Venice. Although it was our second time in Venice we stayed for 3 days. My girl really loves the masks and puppets…

Then finally my holiday begun ;-). We went to Maranello Sunday early in the morning. After a few hour drive we found my ‘mekka’. But we couldn’t find a place to sleep. The closest campsite was near Modena and we didn’t want to go back. We decided to visit the ‘Galleria Ferrari’ and then drive to Pisa. After our visit to Pisa we would return to Maranello and sleep near Modena.

The Galleria was amazing! Although she was smaller then I expected the cars shown where beautiful. Most models I had never seen before. Too bad the California Spider wasn’t there (the website said it was). I was really looking forward in seeing this car.

After the Galleria we got in the car and drove to Pisa. We stayed off the autostrada, so that was a very long drive. The next morning we left very early to beat the crowd. That plan worked out perfectly and we took the autostrada back to Modena. That should be a short drive, but we ended up standing in a traffic jam near modena for about 2 hours. A truck filled with boots crashed and blocked the entire autostrada. Man, that was hot.
We finished that day at the pool. We couldn’t and didn’t want to do anything more.

Next morning we finally got back to Maranello. It was on of my best days ever. It was the first time I’ve ever seen the 599 and man, what a joy it was to see all the testdrivers taking the sweethearts out for a spin before delivery. Funny by the way that they got a carwash… …with very expensive cars going through it.

After a day wondering around the factory I parked near Fiorano. At that moment they were racing two yellow F430’s. What wonderful sounds these cars make.

There's a lot more to tell, but I'm still waiting for some pics. View the pics I have at my site: http://www.marcsferraripage.nl/album.php?map=fotoalbum/060726_Various_Maranello

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I like the new site update, well done. The trip looked like it was a great way to get away from the office and I like the photos you took.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts