Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 3 Ferrari's this lifetime so far. A 246 GTS, a 365 GTC4 and bought new in '78 a 308 GTS that I owned for 11 years. I have also been blessed with the opportunities to drive several models over the years including (but not limited to) a 250 Calif. Spyder, an original '57 Testa Rossa, 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spyder and Berlinetta, 512 BB, 512 TR, 348 TS, 355 Spyder and a 360 Modena. I am currently trying to figure out the next Ferrari to own. As the years go by, older 12 cyl. Ferrari's still grab my imagination much more than the newer 8's and the sound of a 12 is still unsurpassed.........PERIOD! I am specific in that I want to own a 12 cyl. Ferrari, a 2 seater, preferably a mid-engine and a convertible or spyder. This brings me to either a 512 BB or a 365 or 512 TR. I have seen 3 different TR conversions, 2 being a conv. and 1 a spyder. I have not seen a BB that has been converted to a conv. or a spyder and have heard that they cannot handle the conversion without extensive undercarriage work. I know of Straman's doing many of the conversions I've seen, I would like to know who is the best at conversions of this type both here in the U.S. and in Europe? Are there any top class companies in Europe or should I rely entirely on the folks in the U.S.? Should I decide to buy a TR in Europe and have it done there, who might I talk to to have this done? If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate hearing from you. My email is: [email protected] Thanks, Jay K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts