Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue in my Red Head...the 1-6 Slow Down warning light circut has a short...the problem is intermittent turns on and off when you hit bumps ect...I am installing cat bypasses so I wont need the warning light and am working on disconnecting the warning lights...

the problem is that i cannot figure out which set of connecitons I need to un hook
is it one of the retainer clip plugs mounted to the clutch housing (two black one white)
is it the individual spade connectors back there (round black and white green wire)
is it the thermocouple connection over on the passenger side fender well...(red heat jacketed wires terminating in spade connectors)

the shop manual I have on CD has not provided a clear answer anyone able to provide me with some input I would greatly appriciate it...This is the last issue I have on the TR she was in a static colleciton before my purchase and I have everything else running perfectly...plus that buzzer and red light on the dash are a little annoying when I am taking a fine bird out for cocktails

·
Registered
366 Posts
If I remember correctly, the plugs on the clutch housing are the crank sensors for the ECU. Don't disconnect those. The spade connectors are for the oxygen sensors. Don't disconnect those either. The slow down light is triggered by the thermocouples. Could be faulty thermocouples, buffers, bad connections, or I read somewhere that a bad ground can do it, too. I seem to recall that if you just disconnect the theremocouple connectors, it sets a solid slow down light. Do you ever experience a cut-out of half the engine when the light goes on? If not, I suppose you could just remove the bulb.

Anybody else out there have any other ideas?

Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will pull those wires and find out lastly incase the bulb/buzzer removal is necessary...anyone know where the hell that screaming banshee of a buzzer is located?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts