Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Hi Guys, do you know where I can get some red touch up paint,, Thankyou Mick :eek:ha: Make sure all your cylinders are behind you ,

·
Registered
88 Posts
The website below should be able to help you out. Perhaps someone would advise you on what would be the best method for applying the paint. (pen, brush, etc.). If you want a precise match you should attempt to get paint direct from Ferrari somehow. But, the matches at that site should be pretty darn accurate. Only a discerning person looking very closely will be able to tell exactly where the repaint occured anyways.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

·
Registered
457 Posts
Mick,

The best way is to take your car to a pro paint shop and have them scan your car and computer match your paint to prepare a bottle for you to use as touch-up paint.

Barry

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi Dirk,

I've never had touch up paint made for my car. Two years ago, I had some paint matched to a piece of equipment in my office that needed some touch up. I had to buy a whole quart......about $15 dollars. But the match was perfect.

I don't mind picking up little nicks on my car and I'm not planning on touching them up. This way, when I hear the pebble hit the front end, I don't know which of the knicks was the latest acquisition.

Barry

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi Peter,

Yes it certainly does work well! I had a few small scratches and knicks on the x-ray unit in my office that I wanted to touch up. I removed a panel from the machine and took it over to the paint shop. I watched their computer scanning process...multi-angle scanning. The match was perfect when the paint dried. Today I can't tell where those scratches were.

Barry

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just went over to a local paint retailer. For automobile touch up paint, it's best to take the car to a good body shop. Most are equipped with computer scanners for matching paint.

Barry

·
Registered
776 Posts
I know when my car was damaged, they matched the paint 100%
It is impossible to tell where they repainted it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
paint code 4 308 gt4 red

hi everyone,
Alfa import center is currently restoring a 75 308 gt4 ferrari. Its original color was red. The car was repainted a metalic blue 10 years after production. Then was sold and repainted another shade of red. The current owner wants to restore the car using the factory paint code color. So if anyone can provide us with the correct paint code, that would be extremly helpful. Our paint provider can provide us with paint code 514 in glasso finish. This was the only color that he was able to come up with using his books.
Thanks again,
Alfa import center :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts