Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stile was mentioning how it seemed like everyone had their Ferrari out today so I figured I'd take mine out to. I had to run to Freeport to L.L. Bean (an outdoor outfitter store) to pick up a few things and figured I'd take the F-car. First 2 pics are on my new lawn, this is the result of all the work I did with the Kubota last fall. Next 3 are on the way to the store. The last pics are all at the store.

Archie, the last pic I took just for you. I bet you'd never see this sign on the door of any store in the UK. It's like the coat check at the restaurant. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The 308 looks absolutely beautiful Pete, as usual.:) The lawn looks great! Only in the US can you check in your firearm while entering the store:D

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Awesome 308 Pete. Love that front grid. It was my favorite for a long time, then the 550 came out. Are you actually idling at 50+ mph?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stile was mentioning how it seemed like everyone had their Ferrari out today so I figured I'd take mine out to.
x2

nothin spectacular like apg and boxers trip , just took a ride around town with a buddy, hit a bar and a couple beers, headed to his brother to look at fighting roosters, then headed home. buddy commented on the engine sound and exhaust note sounding like an opera of pistons, cranks, and valves.

beautiful day here in jersey.

ps

great lawn pete

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you actually idling at 50+ mph?
Very observant!!! No, my tachometer is broken. If I hit the dash it will come back on for 5 minutes. I have to pull it out this winter and send it in for repair. I was trying to get more of the road in the picture rather than the dash.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x2

nothin spectacular like apg and boxers trip , just took a ride around town with a buddy, hit a bar and a couple beers, headed to his brother to look at fighting roosters, then headed home. buddy commented on the engine sound and exhaust note sounding like an opera of pistons, cranks, and valves.

beautiful day here in jersey.

ps

great lawn pete
Thanks Pete! Sounds like you had a good day yourself.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Very observant!!! No, my tachometer is broken. If I hit the dash it will come back on for 5 minutes. I have to pull it out this winter and send it in for repair. I was trying to get more of the road in the picture rather than the dash.
I was going to ask about that...

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I am also concerned, you have no gas (can't you bring some home from work ???) and the engine is cold.

Good to see the 308 out and about.:D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also concerned, you have no gas (can't you bring some home from work ???) and the engine is cold.
The gas gauge reads full when I fill it up but goes to empty when I still have 15 gallons in the tanks. The temperature is fine. That gauge works well, my car probably doesn't run at hot as yours because the weather here is colder. No problems with the cooling system, idling in the driveway it will go up to 195 degrees and the fans come on.

I'm suprised nobody picked up on the 0 oil pressure. It needs a new sending unit. I put in an aftermarket sending unit that read fine for about a day before it failed. There is a seperate switch that turns on a light when you have no oil pressure and that works fine so I'm not too worried. For the use the car gets I can live with these little discrepancies. One day I'll fix them.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Looks like you had a good day Pete but next time can you go to say a Hooters and take pics ....:D:D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The 308 looks good Pete. Thanks for thinking about me with the sign. Do people actually take their guns out with them when they go out shopping?

The first time I saw a gun in real life was when I was 20 and went on holiday to Florida. I was sat inside a McDonalds, and a cop on a big bike rode up. He came strolling into MCd's with his gun on his hip. He cooly went up to the counter and ordered his Big mac & fries. At this point I was hiding under the table;)

Despite the many similarities and shared culture between the UK and the US, this reminded me that there were still many differences, ie, we are the sophisticated ones;)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 308 looks good Pete. Thanks for thinking about me with the sign. Do people actually take their guns out with them when they go out shopping?

Despite the many similarities and shared culture between the UK and the US, this reminded me that there were still many differences, ie, we are the sophisticated ones;)
Archie, I don't carry one, but I do know people that don't go anywhere without their gun. It is like having a pocketknife, you don't usually need one but when you do it is better to have one readily available.

As for the Brits being more sophisticated, when was the last time you went to Newcastle?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
As for the Brits being more sophisticated, when was the last time you went to Newcastle?
I'll give you that one Pete. Fortunately Newcastle is 200 miles from me and I have never been there, no desire to go either. I can't drink 30 pints of beer a night and am not fat and/or tattooed (no offence to any Geordies reading this;) )

The Geordies are a different breed to the rest of England, I think it's something to do with their Viking ancestory, we're Anglo-Saxon and Norman in my part of England - far more civilised and cultured. However, Queen Bodeciea came from my home town of Stamford, back in 55BC she painted herself blue stood naked in the River Welland thinking that the Roman invaders would be scared off. Not surprisingly they killed her and continued with their conquest of England.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll give you that one Pete. Fortunately Newcastle is 200 miles from me and I have never been there, no desire to go either. I can't drink 30 pints of beer a night and am not fat and/or tattooed (no offence to any Geordies reading this;) )

The Geordies are a different breed to the rest of England, I think it's something to do with their Viking ancestory, we're Anglo-Saxon and Norman in my part of England - far more civilised and cultured. However, Queen Bodeciea came from my home town of Stamford, back in 55BC she painted herself blue stood naked in the River Welland thinking that the Roman invaders would be scared off. Not surprisingly they killed her and continued with their conquest of England.
Is that where the term "Blue blood" comes from? Serious question.

As for the Geordies, they do make the Scots look civilized and cultured by comparison. I worked with a bunch of guys from both Aberdeen and Newcastle a while back and it was a challenging crew. I had a fellow American working with me and one day he said to me that he could understand what almost all of the Scottish people were saying except for the Crane Operator (Our Geordie). I told him, "That's because he's not Scottish, he's English."

1 - 20 of 48 Posts