Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

For those who don't know me I apologize for the intrusion, but the domain that documents my Ferrari 330 America restoration has been lost (long story)! I'm currently trying to get it back, but for those looking for it, I'm still here.

Until I can fix the problem, the site is still available at:
http://66.216.12.16/cars/ferrari.html

Tom Yang

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I was wondering about that. I don't look at it too often to be honest since I have a 308, but yesterday for some reason I went to check out how your car was coming along and I was surprised that the site wasn't working. Nice to see you still have the site going on and your car is still coming along.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Wow! I don't know you but don't apologize for the intrusion! I checked out your site and that is the best documented auto restoration project I have ever seen! It makes for great reading. I'll bookmark that site and keep checking in.
Good work Tom!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom
Don't apologize for it, i didn't knew your site, and i'm glad that i know it now.
I'll checking it out better tonight.
I'm sure that you will have some great additions to the tech tips
and that you have some good stories to tell about your 330

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad you guys like it, it's truely embarassing to have it show up in it's partial state. Hopefully I'll get the domian issue resolved, and things will work better.

Tom Yang

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Tom,

Hope the car is doing alright! For those who don't know, his car is one of only 50 in the world! Nice to have a classic owner here at this forum, as far as I know, you are the first one. BTW, coincidence you are the 330th registered member?

Niels

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hey Niels,
Aren't all Ferraris classics? I thought we got that straightened out! :green:

But 1 in 50 - Wow! I didn't realize. That gives me a whole new appreciation for Tom's project. I've got a '79 308 and a '69 Kaiser Commando and I thought it was hard to get parts for those.

Tom,
I read through all the Ferrari stories on your website and they are awesome! I liked your story about an asian and a black guy "borrowing" Dave Letterman's Ferrari. I could see the nice policeman tapping his flashlight against the palm of his hand as you would try to convince him. Policeman: "Aha, sure." Tom: "No, really!" Policeman: "You mind if I look in the trunk?"
Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing more about your project! Get in on the technical section of this forum. Your input would be very valuable and welcomed!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hope you do solve it. But why did anyone want to claim your name as domain? I think McDonalds won a case that stated that the McDonalds domain was theirs, even when they were not the first to register!

Niels

·
Registered
52 Posts
A message from Tom Yang that he has asked to be posted here concerning his 'hijacked' web site, which features his fascinating 330GT America rebuild:

"Here's the deal so far,

My Registrar claims that they contacted me about the domain expiration, but I know I wouldn't have missed a piece of mail like that. I've owned it for 5 years, and managed to keep it that long! The only thing that I'm to blame for is not noticing that it was coming that time to renew.

As far as ultsearch.com is concerned, they seem to be a bunch of a**holes that register domians like mine that expire hoping that they can take advantage of mistakes like what just happend. I have an e-mail out to them to see what they want, but I'm not too hopeful.

One favor I do need to ask you and others who have managed to find me. There has been discussions on the three other message boards, ferrarilist, ferrarichat, and ferrariforum, and I've been so busy trying to fix the problems that I haven't been able to respond to the strings. can you guys clip and paste what I said above to let people know what the lastest is? Also, until I get a temporary (or permanent) domain registered, let people know that I can be found at
http://66.216.12.16

Thanks to everyone's support!

The original Tom Yang"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts