Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2.5 months later and my girl will finally be here wed march 5th 10 am
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

for those of you who don't know the story I purchase a mint 94 rosso/corsa tan 348 spider with x-ost and hyper-flows, carbon fiber F-40seats, custom plated 360 wheels.

I had to wait till march to bring the vehicle up due to our transport 15 yr rule
well march 1st was 15yrs and now she is almost here.

the seller was gracious enough to store it for me till shipment date

I just talked to the driver of the transport truck and he informed me that it's in Canada and only 1 hour out of town but he is too tired to continue so we arranged to meet at 10 am

I would like to thank all of you for educating me along the way and being patient with all of my questions as well as making me feel like part of the
F-Life group, I will post pics tommorow of the arrival hope all goes well but I am good friends with Mr Murphy and he likes to enforce his law on me...lol
like when the driver informed me he hit a freak snow storm that lasted 15min not enough for concern but enough to create sleet and get the car absolutely filthy he wanted to spray it but I said not too in fear of icing the car up.

Oh well at least it's coming,
thanks again to all of you and I will continue to be a part of this fine forum and contribute to our passions...:cool:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Excited to see photos!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hey NightLife, that is going to be one helluva ruckus in Regina. Those V8's sound wonderful with X-Ost's.

Congratulations, and since it was winter anyway it's probably a good thing you had to wait until March. Your spoiler makes an effective snowplow but not quite the idea Enzo had in mind.... :D

Also looking forward to the pics, particularly of the carbon-fiber seats.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats Nightlife, it will be an excellent day today, and tomorrow, and the day after.........

Looking forward to seeing these custom adjustments on the car.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well 2.5 months later and my girl will finally be here wed march 5th 10 am
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

for those of you who don't know the story I purchase a mint 94 rosso/corsa tan 348 spider with x-ost and hyper-flows, carbon fiber F-40seats, custom plated 360 wheels.

I had to wait till march to bring the vehicle up due to our transport 15 yr rule
well march 1st was 15yrs and now she is almost here.

the seller was gracious enough to store it for me till shipment date

I just talked to the driver of the transport truck and he informed me that it's in Canada and only 1 hour out of town but he is too tired to continue so we arranged to meet at 10 am

I would like to thank all of you for educating me along the way and being patient with all of my questions as well as making me feel like part of the
F-Life group, I will post pics tommorow of the arrival hope all goes well but I am good friends with Mr Murphy and he likes to enforce his law on me...lol
like when the driver informed me he hit a freak snow storm that lasted 15min not enough for concern but enough to create sleet and get the car absolutely filthy he wanted to spray it but I said not too in fear of icing the car up.

Oh well at least it's coming,
thanks again to all of you and I will continue to be a part of this fine forum and contribute to our passions...:cool:
Age 5 and its Christmas eve.....:D :D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Congratulations, you must be very excited. I can remember the wait for my 328 when I ordered it, approx 6 weeks while they serviced and detailed it - it was painful. The night before I collected it, I kept pinching myself to wake myself out of the dream.
"tomorrow I'm getting my Ferrari",
don't be silly, wake up,
"No, really I am, "
Yeah, course you are - idiot - wake up
..etc for hours with no sleep.

It will have been worth the wait, enjoy it:)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
how nice to know that!!

congratulations, enjoy every mile with it!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Enjoy it to the maximum Night Life! :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
He promised photos...its been 22 hours....do you suppose he's passed out or still trying to wipe the smile off his face long enough to concentrate..

Night.....deep slow breaths....in through the mouth, out through the nose....use a paper sack.

Breathe in............breathe out

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap!

Saint that was funny:)

Talk about Murphy's law

Don't worry nothing to do with the car she is excellent, but my GF downloaded a virus that took me hours to clean and then I couldn't re size my pics how frustrating.

But all is good now sorry for the wait but it was worth it(to me).

Ps she is a dirty girl ..:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not done yet :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again to all of you

It has been a very long winter, I just checked the Weather channel and today is the last of the cold days and just like that we go from -15c to 0c
and by next week +5c Go figure..:eek:

I will be driving before you know it actually all the streets are very dry.

I did have a problem with one of the lights not coming up but it took me less than 10 min to resolve the problem and fix it.

There is still a window switch that might be a problem seems to only work periodically I will do a check of all the wiring when I have a bit of time this weekend.

Question to pass the safety here I need day time running lights is there a way to bypass the fog lights so they come on when the ignition is turned on?
this has to be only temporary to pass the Provincial inspection.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Try to hot wire them from the A/C cooling fan fuse under the bonnet. As long as its temporary, that should be fine. I'm pretty sure the A/C is ingition dependant. If its the same as mine (it should be) run a jumper from fuse 9 to fuse 16 and fuse 17. These pins are described in your owners manual. worst case...run the leads directly to the lights from pin 9. If you need more...let me know.

Lane

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ciao Saint

Try to hot wire them from the A/C cooling fan fuse under the bonnet. As long as its temporary, that should be fine. I'm pretty sure the A/C is ingition dependant. If its the same as mine (it should be) run a jumper from fuse 9 to fuse 16 and fuse 17. These pins are described in your owners manual. worst case...run the leads directly to the lights from pin 9. If you need more...let me know.

Lane
Thanks Lane that was what I was going to do, now at least I know which fuse to jump..:eek: thanks buddy.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Absolutely stunning car! Congratulations! :D

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
She is beautiful; I also love the grin you have plastered on your face...Nice 348

Mario

~

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Yeap...Everyone is noticing your teeth. I betting your cheeks are aching.

I remember seeing that car in photo's from the southern parts. On the grass at a concourse event if I recall. You thought it looked to low. Man...That was a long time ago. I can't believe you were able to wait this long. Your a stronger man than I Sir.

Congrats...she's beautiful.

On the blue bird...have a spare fuse around. If they test the defroster with engine running you may blow fuse 9. I think its a 20 amp. Fan motor needs most of that and the lights are nearly 10 each. The defroster uses the A/C system as a dehumidifier. Good luck

1 - 20 of 67 Posts