Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
You're friends with him? That's very nice!

I imagine he has quite a few stories to share, you probably never run out of conversation with a guy like that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're friends with him? That's very nice!

I imagine he has quite a few stories to share, you probably never run out of conversation with a guy like that.
I first met Tom in the early 70s in southern California and spent time with him in Italy buying cars. He is truly an artist in the fullest sense and I think his designs are amongst the most sensual ever to find their way onto four wheels. And you are correct; there is no end to the stories he has to tell!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I first met Tom in the early 70s in southern California and spent time with him in Italy buying cars. He is truly an artist in the fullest sense and I think his designs are amongst the most sensual ever to find their way onto four wheels. And you are correct; there is no end to the stories he has to tell!
I agree, his designs are incredible! And quite a character to do his own stuff instead of being "swallowed" by Pininfarina or some other.

And I suppose you also qualify to that category of "men with endless great stories"! hehehehe

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I suppose you also qualify to that category of "men with endless great stories"! hehehehe
Some of which to be revealed at time of trial. :)

Interestingly, Tom has owned two GTOs in the past and retains possession of the Thomassima III and a California spider.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Some of which to be revealed at time of trial. :)

Interestingly, Tom has owned two GTOs in the past and retains possession of the Thomassima III and a California spider.
hehehehehe don't be afraid to share the other ones with us!

Do you have pictures of the Thomassima III? It's hard to find good pictures of those cars, too rare...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehehehehe don't be afraid to share the other ones with us!

Do you have pictures of the Thomassima III? It's hard to find good pictures of those cars, too rare...
I will be receiving some digital scans from Tom's photo archive next week, but in the mean time, this is one from the web:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Very Cool!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
How do you like this one? The Thomassima II...
This is the one I'm familiar with, great looking thing!!

The Thomassima III looks far more aggressive, but the Thomassima II looks sexier.

Please do post the pictures when you get them, history has to be spread out!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thomassima III

That is stunning, absolutely gorgeous.

Krasnavian, please excuse my ignorance but I am not familiar with Mr Meade. Could you enlighten me a little?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fantastic. Was it ever built ? If so off which chassis ?
The Thomassima II was built as a one-off on a Cooper chassis using a Ferrari 250 competizione engine. When Tom was testing the car at the Modena racetrack, Ferrari was there testing their own cars and Enzo strolled over for a closer look at the T2. After taking his time to study the car, Enzo said, "Bella macchina, Tom." Tom has a photo capturing the moment.

More recently, someone drove the T2 into a tree--shades of Rubirosa--and the car is now being restored in Texas (or perhaps Arizona).

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is just fantastic stuff... :cool:

Great thread. Great story that of Tom Meade's.

Those cars are some of the most awesome stuff ever built.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts