Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents died last year (within four days of each other) but did not have their affairs in order. Although I did nothing wrong, I still have to pay $100,000.00 to resolve all of their administrative and legal issues. The car has high miles anyway, so I am willing to take the hit and sell, then purchase a spider later.
I need to figure out the best way to sell the car. Usually there is a long line of people waiting to purchase any car I sell, but in this case, everyone I know that would be interested in the car has a Ferrari already.
The Cliff Notes version is: 2000 360 6-speed, Red/Tan, 92K miles, fully loaded, like new, $55K.
If people start slamming me on this thread, I will simply stop responding. If anyone genuinely wants to know how a car with 92K miles can be considered "like new", I will be more than happy to send them a note.
:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
My parents died last year (within four days of each other) but did not have their affairs in order. Although I did nothing wrong, I still have to pay $100,000.00 to resolve all of their administrative and legal issues. The car has high miles anyway, so I am willing to take the hit and sell, then purchase a spider later.
I need to figure out the best way to sell the car. Usually there is a long line of people waiting to purchase any car I sell, but in this case, everyone I know that would be interested in the car has a Ferrari already.
The Cliff Notes version is: 2000 360 6-speed, Red/Tan, 92K miles, fully loaded, like new, $55K.
If people start slamming me on this thread, I will simply stop responding. If anyone genuinely wants to know how a car with 92K miles can be considered "like new", I will be more than happy to send them a note.
I will push this around my circles and see what we can do. Sorry about your situation. Not fun.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Well, my girlfriend told me that she'd kill me if I sold the car. I guess that settles that (ha ha!).
So what I meant by "like new" was that the paint is basically perfect, the engine has been completely rebuilt, the transmission has been rebuilt, the intercooler, exhaust manifolds, cats, exhaust, clutch, blah blah blah has been replaced. I always go to insane lengths to make sure that all of my cars are absolutely perfect. This is a no codes, never wrecked, never tracked, etc. car. My baby!

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I find that amount of years and mileage a plus, and IF I could, I'd spring for it now as a real possibility: Like you, in an transition of no making of my own. I'm at least a couple years out at my math.

PM Sent.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks guys. Well, my girlfriend told me that she'd kill me if I sold the car. I guess that settles that (ha ha!).
So what I meant by "like new" was that the paint is basically perfect, the engine has been completely rebuilt, the transmission has been rebuilt, the intercooler, exhaust manifolds, cats, exhaust, clutch, blah blah blah has been replaced. I always go to insane lengths to make sure that all of my cars are absolutely perfect. This is a no codes, never wrecked, never tracked, etc. car. My baby!
Look great price, good luck for your sale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts