Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my sweet dirty beast up Main Street in Huntington Beach in the late afternoon on Labor Day Sunday.

I pasted a NSX, a Porsche GT3, and a couple of Lambos. I can’t tell the models of the Lambo. Sorry.

Each looked at a dirty 550 and was very quite about it. Man, I love my Maranello.

8)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've got to admit Bart - the more time that goes by, the more a 550 is a contender for my next car.

I'd always beelived that it'd be either a 355 (which seems the natural progression from my 348) or a 512tr (which is what I wanted in the first place) - but the more I look at the 550, the more I like it.

Don't get me wrong - I still think you're certifiable - I'm just worried that I'm beginning to agree with you!!! :green:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think that the attraction of current or prospective 355 owners for 550s is natural and has to do with the restrained and classy design.

Beyond, the two cars are very different propositions.
Torque & power delivery, steering, handling, even the driving position is worlds apart. All sums up to the usual conclusion: depends what your expectations & criteria are.

Can't make recommendations as to which is the best weapon for beer-fueled midlife crisis pissing contests.

PS Still afraid of trying to make sense of Bart's posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts