Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you guys get this all the time I know I hate n00b threads on other forums. Well today on a whim I decided to go the an F-car dealer here in Scottsdale AZ while on a lunch brake, here is a post I made on Corvette Forum (I own a 99 C5 Corvette)

Anyways, just wanted to say you guys own amazing vehicle and I hope you aren't out driving and enjoying them instead of letting them sit lonely in a garage. I'll be doing some lurking and some posting around here, I dont have near the money to own one of these, but maybe one day I will and it will be an F50 even if by then it will be a thirty year old car.

I had a drill weakened this weak and during lunch decided to check out the F car dealer today walked in in uniform and looked at the cars. Saw a '95 F50 and let me tell you pictures do not come close to doing that car justice.

It had been babied becuase you couldn't tell it wasn't a brand new car. The guys at the dealer answered my questions and we reasonable nice i'm sure they get this all the time, they let me sit in the f50 and it was love at first sit, car felt like it was made for my my god himself. I don't care that it doesn't have a radio, and the gauge cluster is so small it's pointless. Still has the new Ferrari smell. Also saw a Blue 360 medona [spelling] with yellow brake (looked pretty sharp actually) and a black 360 with red interior and rad brakes.

The Paint on these cars I just cant get over, I drove one once but was too into driving it to really take the car in. The Carbon ceramic brake are aesthetically amazing.

The guy who worked there said they do most of their business during the week.

sorry for the crappy phone cam pic it was all I had.

I need to find a way to make some serious:willy: money maybe get an MBA or something.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm sure you guys get this all the time I know I hate n00b threads on other forums. Well today on a whim I decided to go the an F-car dealer here in Scottsdale AZ while on a lunch brake, here is a post I made on Corvette Forum (I own a 99 C5 Corvette)

Anyways, just wanted to say you guys own amazing vehicle and I hope you aren't out driving and enjoying them instead of letting them sit lonely in a garage. I'll be doing some lurking and some posting around here, I dont have near the money to own one of these, but maybe one day I will and it will be an F50 even if by then it will be a thirty year old car.

I had a drill weakened this weak and during lunch decided to check out the F car dealer today walked in in uniform and looked at the cars. Saw a '95 F50 and let me tell you pictures do not come close to doing that car justice.

It had been babied becuase you couldn't tell it wasn't a brand new car. The guys at the dealer answered my questions and we reasonable nice i'm sure they get this all the time, they let me sit in the f50 and it was love at first sit, car felt like it was made for my my god himself. I don't care that it doesn't have a radio, and the gauge cluster is so small it's pointless. Still has the new Ferrari smell. Also saw a Blue 360 medona [spelling] with yellow brake (looked pretty sharp actually) and a black 360 with red interior and rad brakes.

The Paint on these cars I just cant get over, I drove one once but was too into driving it to really take the car in. The Carbon ceramic brake are aesthetically amazing.

The guy who worked there said they do most of their business during the week.

sorry for the crappy phone cam pic it was all I had.

I need to find a way to make some serious:willy: money maybe get an MBA or something.
Dear Comrade joe0121,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on a superb first post - we trust there will be many more.

All good wishes from England.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao and welcome

FL is an awesome site,

Hope you see your dream one day...:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Joe - Welcome to the forum (from a fellow newbie). Your C5 is beautiful; I'm not usually big on stripes, but they blend very well on your car. I'm a member of CorvetteForum as well (just sold a C6) and you'll find these guys are very respectful of the American muscle. So stick around.

If an F50 is your dream, then don't let it go. You don't have to be super-wealthy to own an F-car. You may have to prioritize other things in your life. I know people that spend $1,000+ every month on beer at a local watering hole. Other people spend 75% of their salary on their house. To each their own. I don't know what your occupation is, but you may have to become the guy who raises his hand for the tough jobs, the ones people think are impossible. You may have to work quite a bit harder than the next guy, get in earlier and stay later. You may have to live in a smaller house than you can afford (make sure it has a garage!). But if this is your cross to bear as it is ours, you can make it happen.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It's been a while...That looks like down town San Diego over looking NAS North Island and Point Loma. There was a festvale/park type place at the approximate source of your photo, I can't remember the name of it. Waterside, Seaport park, something like that.

Cool car....I love the vettes. Definitely in my top 5. Hard to identify colors in that shot. She looks great

Welcome to the site. Unlike the other sites we are not afraid of the "n00bs" around here and are happy to exchange the banter with anyone willing to listen. General rules of thumb are extemely limited. 1) We try not to highjack the technical threads where people need straight answers or a good chain of communication but its hard. Pretty much anything goes in the general sections. 2) ...thats about it. Feel free to jump in anywhere and have some fun.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
joe0121, your car looks absolutely beautiful, post more pictures if you can!

and yes, the F50 is something outside of this world, very impressive, and no pictures or videos do it justice standing still, let alone eating the road!

but like the guys said, even being so special it's still a car, and we even have some F50 owners here that are "normal" guys ("" because they are much nicer than average people, but normal when compared to other members of this forum)

so enjoy your Vette while the Ferrari doesn't come, and have fun!

welcome to the forum =)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joe! Good luck with the saving for the Ferrari. As Stile said above, post some more pictures of your vette. I like them a lot :D Of course that might be my living in Detroit.:rofl:

Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is in San Diego over looking north the bay, the USS Constitution is just up the road.
I was in the Marines for five years, here is a picture of my car, me and my best friend:

I am flattered you guys like my car it says a lot about the caliber of people here, I am after all a car guy. I work in retail (Manager at AutoZone) I'm in school for Mechanical Engineering. Ill post some more pics of my car, lets see some pics of you f50 owners!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Your best friend is a chick with a helmet...That either says alot about her, or alot about your driving :D

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
nice car, and nice friend too! hehehehe a girl on a bike is a killer combination, IMHO even better than a girl driving a Ferrari

when I went to the US to study, the neighbour had a C5 Vette like yours, but it was silver, I drooled all over the car every day!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice car, and nice friend too! hehehehe a girl on a bike is a killer combination, IMHO even better than a girl driving a Ferrari

when I went to the US to study, the neighbour had a C5 Vette like yours, but it was silver, I drooled all over the car every day!
She is a hottie, but a lesbian :( She is the nicest person in the world and so is her sister. I rented a c6 Corvette coming home from my last deployment and gave her mom a ride around Hawaii.

She is a sight to behold on her bike...

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
ooooooh, you have to convert her, then!!! hehehehehe

that's quite a mission, but if you do it, what a reward you'll have!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a goodlooking 'Vette!

Welcome to the forum, Joe. Glad you're a broad minded octane head, I'm sure you'll find we're the same over here.

Onno
Thank you hopefully soon it will be getting a forged 402 cubic inch engine and a supercharger to the tune of 700+ RWHP.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts