Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Replica based on the Peugeot 406 Coupe. I'm no 360 expert, but it looks pretty authentic to me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This crossed my mind, too. The company is actually very well known and has been featured in magazines -- for that reason, I don't know why they aren't down already.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ferrari do go after them, why do you think the replicas on ebay are called "Feraris" or Ferrar1" etc. Anything to avoid saying "Ferrari"

I gotta say tho. That 360 replica is damn good. It fooled me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, or they are simply called "Italian supercars" and such, rather than stating the make.

And yes, the replica does seem to be very well done. The only thing, I think, that gives it away in a single look is the fact that the engine is obviously not visible through the window. They are working on a mock-up, though.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I think I remember this company from a previous thread on replicas.
If my memory serves me right there is a Ferrari Life user building one !

·
Registered
24 Posts
marlin said:
Found the thread - it was "illuder" from South Africa.
I'm still here allright..

Yes, I am building the 360 replica...should be done soon. and yes, Ferrari can take legal action, but I'm building one for my personal use, not for resale or anything... I can afford a real Ferrari, many in fact, but I prefer to use the replica as a daily car... I can also customise the car as I want. It's more of a hobby than anything...you spend money on the car and never get it back when resale, but then also, I will never resell it, its personalised and customised for my needs and use.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Can't wait to see some pictures of your car Illuder. I respect your project. You are building it for all the right reasons. Personal enjoyment. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Can't wait to see some pictures of your car Illuder.
Me too, Pete. A well finished replica can fool the "experts".
I'd like to see it next to a real one for a true comparison.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
DNA ENGINEERING said:
HERE IS ANOTHER REPLICA
Stunning! Beautiful body and flawless finish. Are the rims/tires the same size as a genuine 360? The sidewall looks a bit thin to me. What is the donor car?

BTW - Welcome to Ferrari Life.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
DNA ENGINEERING said:
HERE IS ANOTHER REPLICA
welcome, do you have a photo which is from the side? The windshield is often the biggest problem but you can't see it very well in the pictures. The car looks very good.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I am certainly not one of those guys looking for the "offical" jersey from a sports team and always wondering if the girl's LV bag is real. It doesn't matter to me as it's not my money, but I just don't get why people would pay to know they don't have the real thing when it comes to 6 figure cars. I just can't bring myself to giving a replica Ferrari two thumbs up. If it was for historical purposes to re-make a classic (for example Lotus Super-7 kit cars, which don't badge themselves as a Lotus) maybe. I will give DNA thumbs up on craftsmanship, not bad looking, but it won't fool this Ferrari afficionado.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The DNA kit didn't fool me, but the Extreme kit sure did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Stunning! Beautiful body and flawless finish. Are the rims/tires the same size as a genuine 360? The sidewall looks a bit thin to me. What is the donor car?

BTW - Welcome to Ferrari Life.

The Wheels are genuine 360 Wheels no copies they are 18" from Ferrari
please watch web site for further news in the coming few weeks thes cars will require no major cutting no welding they will retain manufacturers crumple zones and look fantastic and drive as good as they look!!

Below the yellow one is real the black is not spot the difference??

http://www.dnaautomotive.com

1 - 20 of 54 Posts