Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month or so ago I spoke of a mondial that I might be buying. The story goes that the car belongs to my friend, who I was talking to about buying it in March. In april the car was stolen, at which point I forgot about the idea of buying one.

Last month he got a call from the police to say it had been recovered, with a little damage. I took some pics a few weeks ago which ive been meaning to post on the site so here goes.

The car suffered a little damage in the hands of the thieving scumbags. They killed the clutch (which he has now replaced), ripped up the carpets (which now need to be stuck down), removed the central air vent (easy fix), ripped out the ignition barrel (dumb asses), bent one grill on the bonet (not major), and finally scratched the rear right arch (minor damage).

My mate who owns the car is on holiday, and he has to sort out the claim with the insurance company before he can sell the car. I expect all to ready in about 4 weeks. The question is will I be ready! I was going to purchase an apartment to put on rent before buying the car, but i've not been able to agree on a property.

Anyway the saga of the car continues, and i'll let you know how it goes....

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that despite the appearances of the pictures, the car is actually in really good condition. A little bit of rust (see the rear lights), but otherwise its cool. Leather is excellant, and one the carpets are stuck down again it will look very clean.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Why the hell would they rip out the carpet? Dumb asses is right. Your buying experience has certainly been the most interesting on here followed in a close second by Justyn in the UK. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i can't believe those stupid thiefs/vandals
it's a shame that they probably won't be caught

well the bigger question is do you still want the car?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We think they were going to ship the car abroad, and ripped up the carpets to hide something underneath. Also explains why they took out the central air vents in the dash.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definetely want the car. Its got FSH, and only 46K miles recorded. Despite the sorry way it looks at the moment, its actually a very well looked after car. With not too much effort it can all be put right.

Who knows I could my very own Tom Yang jobbie!

If I buy (the big if), i'll get a PPI done to check the mechanicals.

Do I want it??? You betcha!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well if you want too and also important, can too
and the current owner is having must things (or everything) fixed, then don't hesitate and go for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts