Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I started a negative thread I waned to come back with a positive one. The sleazy deal being defended by mods (on that other, dying site) has finally brought out the gentlemen of the Fcar community. The mods have been taken on by men wanting to restore honor in the community.

My grandfather bought his first Fcar at 23 and my family has been invoved in the community ever since.The long tradition of men of honor enjoying their Fcars together might just be there for my grand kids.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So ok, by your own admission you have said " I want an honest place". So why not put your alias to sleep and sign on again as you? Because your alias has been successful in achieving your initial goal in the original thread. You did say you already posted on here as some one else dint you? Then i would feel a little more comfortable in talking to you about stuff. Hey for all i know you could be Nob Lay then i would be forced to slot ya:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's too much venom on the other site for me to be confortable saying who I am unfortunately. I still plan to buy cars and to restore cars.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Well this is a wonderful and thriving nice community, so take coat off and stay awhile, and the had (name) that is masquerading your identity.:happy2:

Chris

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I Know

but won't tell, of the other name, nor does it matter.

Tell us, if you can remember, the other cars your family owned or had. Would be nice to see pics too if about.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My grandfather's first purchase was a 125 S in 1950. He had every detail about Enzo's first car memorized and talked about nothing else until he could afford the car. I am putting together pictures of the family's cars over the years.

Whoops, posted on wrong thread.

oh, and I no longer think the guys over there mean to be crooks. I honestly believe given subsequent posts that they honestly don't understand ethics.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
oh, and I no longer think the guys over there mean to be crooks. I honestly believe given subsequent posts that they honestly don't understand ethics.
Or manners half of the time..:p

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Dear Mr Disgusted,

Welcome to FLife, with your extensive knowledge of Ferrari and family history around Ferrari, I very much look forward to your forth coming contribution.

As for your name, if you want to remain anonymous, that is your absolute right, most of us here don't use our real names, including me, and when you eventually catch up with Captain Pete, you'll soon realise he is a 13 year old girl called Tifanny. With an ever increasing on line security threat, it is wise to keep your identity to yourself.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Oh so you are still an active member of ftwat then? I see;).
I do understand your reaction, but what if:

Disgusted is a Ferrari seller-restorer as he says he is.
He gets a bad name if these posts are connected to his original ones on Fchat.
The Ferrari-world is small and a bad name will definately hurt you. Knowing some names on that site, I can understand why he does not want to take that chance.
Your quality can be 100%, but if the community does not like you, you loose money. Offcourse you still have some orders, but less. And that means less food on the table.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys, William was kind enough to change my name. I do not sell cars, I buy and restore for my own pleasure. I have found some of these sites useful for getting technical and market advice. What I learned however is that there are topics no one wants to discuss like prices going down and ethics in sales. I do like the idea of staying anonymous as it allows one to speak his mind.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
so, true and thus why the 'OS' [other site] was such a problem....seen many have to spend endless pages explaining themselves or defending their life, while only to be ignored or see their dead horse continually beaten.

Dribble to read in the early AM for the insomniac, but otherwise a waste of bandwidth...

matter of fact. it is such a hurt on the pocket book that unless resolved well in endless thread/pages, the baby like atmosphere is truly the bigest waste of time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This year at Pebble Beach I became reacquainted with a guy who was also the son of a collector who used to go to events and on weekend drives with my father and I when we were boys. In looking at old pictures, a lot of kids went to these events. Anyone here live in NYC/Westchester in the 50's and 60's and attend Fcar events?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts