Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-the design should be revolutionary, it wasn't.
-they don't say almost nothing about the engine. Only that is is lighter,
and is as strong as the old version
-they still test with the old car, even after the inro of the new car

This can mean 2 things:
- Ferrari does a great job in hiding all the new features and will destroy the others cars
- Ferrari did something terribly wrong this time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Of course isn't it just as likely that they simply couldn't think up anything new for the new car and were forced to emphasize the tiny changes they did make?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
-the design should be revolutionary, it wasn't.
-they don't say almost nothing about the engine. Only that is is lighter,
and is as strong as the old version
-they still test with the old car, even after the inro of the new car

This can mean 2 things:
- Ferrari does a great job in hiding all the new features and will destroy the others cars
- Ferrari did something terribly wrong this time
I believe the wheelbase is about 50 mm shorter than that on the F2003-GA. but other than that there aren't too many visual changes besides the larger engine cover and the 2 element rear wing with the larger endplates(all due to those new regs...)

Will be rolling out the F2004 at Fiorano soon. They always test the new car at Fiorano first.

New parts should be in order between now and Melbourne.

BTW, Michael Schumacher broke the Valencia lap record today during tyre testing, mind you in the middle of a run. JPM couldn't stand this and went out on a single flyer with very little fuel and broke MS' time. He just couldn't stand having Michael on top...could he? :x

·
Registered
613 Posts
I believe they don't need to change a lot for a revolutionary car.

They have revolutionary cars every year... ...they only problem of the F2003-GA was the fact it was hard to adjust the way they (schumi and barri) liked it. They probably changed that.

Further the tires are more important next season... ...I believe Bridgestone is the key! If Ferrari believes the Bridgestones are just as good as the Michelines, they would have taken more time into a reliable engine (do they need that?).

But we will see soon... ...I can't weight! :green:

ps :nuts: don't woory about JPM, he's just a joker. Next year he's going for MCLaren... ...he's probably giving up his dream of ever being a formula 1 champion.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
marcos said:
they would have taken more time into a reliable engine (do they need that?).
yes they do
a new rule for this year, 1 engine for 1 race weekend, if the engine blows up on friday or saterday they can put in a new one, but they loose 10 places on the grid

·
Registered
895 Posts
marcos said:
ps :nuts: don't woory about JPM, he's just a joker. Next year he's going for MCLaren... ...he's probably giving up his dream of ever being a formula 1 champion.
Don't worry, as you said. We all know Ron favors his boy Kimi. If anything Kimi will bring the challenge and jpm will be brought to reality that he's not good enough.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Initial tests with the car proved that Rory is on the right track. It's the results that matters not looks.

I too expected radical fronts but I think that will come later. If we're doing fine witht the normal wings, think of what we'll achieve wihth those new wings!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts