Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone which one got you hooked? for me it was the 355 spider, i remeber seeing the chase scene in the movie the rock and it made me want one so bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
F430! I am new to the Ferrari world. I am so in love with it. I'm getting a 328 while I can't afford its youngest brother....

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Red 308 in Magnum PI....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Either the Testarossa from Miami Vice or a blue 355 F1 Spider I saw in Rancho Santa Fe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was the F355 for me. Sure I liked the Testarossa and F40 but the 355 really gave me feelings like being in love with a woman.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I win. :):):):)

It was the 250 GTO. That was the first Ferrari I ever saw. It was in the movie Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise. The opening sccene of the movie is him during a dream. He wakes up, gets dressed, then you see him pulling out of his manhattan parking garage in a navy blue (or dark green, I forget) 250 GTO. The streets of Manhattan are empty and he goes nuts and wakes up.

Anyway, I was watching and was like ... what the hell car is THAT?!

The rest is history my friends.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I´ve heard that the car used in the film was a replica, not a real GTO

·
Registered
509 Posts
stile - alpine said:
I´ve heard that the car used in the film was a replica, not a real GTO

It was a replica (Tom Cruise admitted it in an interview).

I couldnt figure out what car it was so I had look up all this info about the film. Either way, it sparked my interest!

·
Registered
19 Posts
1st Ferrari you fell in love with.....

Easy.....The 330 GTC/GTS....(365 GTC/GTS; other that engine, the only discernible difference is the engine air outlets location).........Always appeared smaller than it was.....designed by PF, it appears taut, eager looking, beautiful, form follows function.........................Saw a restored (on Barchetta Channel website) 365 GTS in black.......gorgeous!, even today.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marcos said:
My mom said I loved Ferrari sinds I was a little boy. I always wanted red cars and I called the Erai... ...or something.

The first Ferrari I rember is the TR!
Erai thats acualy kinda cute i remeber when i was little i used to call porsches somthing that sounded like porshy basicaly i didnt keep the E at the end silent.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My story is unique. I was 5 years old. My mother's brothers came back from a visit in Italia. He was in Rome, Piacenza and Maranelo =) Al the family join toghether arround a long table. And he started to share his impressions abbout Italia.... Through the story, my father asked him <What about cars? I heard tha there are some long highways with no speed limits. Is is true?>. My Uncle answerd that there are some limits but they are pretty high to speed but the most amaizing thing is that he saw a Ferrari there in Italy. <What is a Ferrari?> asked my father... <Ferrari are italian high performance cars, bult manuay in a limited edition. Ferrari can afford 300km/h and costs more than half million dollars!> Of corse he tryed to make some impression, but for me it was enought.... 300kmph got in my mind. I repeated <300 kmph>. He added <To buy a Ferrari isn't enought to pay the money, you must be choosed by Ferrari company, because Ferrari's are limited!>. And I promised myself <I will be a Ferrari owner>. The he showed a photo, it was a Ferrari F40, rosso corsa..... in 1989, F40 looked stunning...... I get a virus named Ferrarimania!
But the real Heart Stealer was the Ferrari F50..... Since I saw it on TV and in magasines I feld in love..... The most beatiful, wanderfull and amaizing autodesign I ever seen! I still dream on a F50!
But F40.... even now I am wondering about it's performance, but in 1989.....
Ferrari -- The Highest Performance [this is my life's motou]

·
Registered
509 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
It was the 250 GTO. That was the first Ferrari I ever saw.

I lied. I just remembered that a friend of my family had a 456M gta. It was an absolutley stunning car and was FAR more impressive in person than in any photo I have ever seen. It was Metallic Black with Creme interior and Black piping around the seats. He got the GTA (opposed to the GT) so his daughters could drive the car ...

That ferrari made the initial impression, but my first 'love' was the GTO.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think my first encounter with Ferrari was a 1:64 Matchbox Ferrari F40. The classic supercar shape. Whenever I drew a car it had that shape.
I got hooked by the 360. And I got obsessed during my trip to Italy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
stile - alpine said:
the F40

I still think it´s the best Ferrari of all times
I totally agree with you ;-) the F40 was the first one I fell in love with (and I'm still in love with it) And I also think it's the best Ferrari ever. The design is now 19 years old and it still looks like it was designed just yesterday.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
F40fan said:
I totally agree with you ;-) the F40 was the first one I fell in love with (and I'm still in love with it) And I also think it's the best Ferrari ever. The design is now 19 years old and it still looks like it was designed just yesterday.
yes, it is almost as old as me (I´m 21), but I think it looks better every day

I have a big poster with a red F40 in my room, and a 1:18 miniature, I look at them every day, and it´s just so much better looking than any other supercar (even the modern ones)

I don´t think there will ever be a Ferrari to match the F40 in my heart

but well, the F355 is also something special to me

1 - 20 of 84 Posts