Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you guys drive on curvy roads. I drive on wide straight ribbons of concrete. My turns are fast and banked. Perfect for a Maranello.

During the long years of driving sleds, I developed my ideal of the perfect freeway car. What I wanted was everything!

First it had to be quick, not only off the line but at speed.

Brakes are a must. The problem with stopping is not in the front. I worry more about having something hitting me in the rear. The car stops in the direction I want and I can look out the rear to escape what is behind me.

Only two seats are needed.

Flash is definitely out.

The styling must flow with beauty.

A few records would be nice.

Smoothness is an added bonus.

The only answer was a Ferrari 550 Maranello, the finest car made during the twentieth century.

8)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is my transportation, to get there and back again as quickly as possible. Fun is boating, skiing, driving on the week end, etc.. To go to Las Vegas I could take the back roads but it cost me time and time is money. Driving is not a hobby but a necessity.

:green:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am going to have to disagree with you there. Let's not forget that the Ferrari 360 Modena was also designed in the twentieth century. The 360 series is arguably the most beautiful Ferrari in the past decade. This is evidenced by the price inflation far above the MSRP in the past few years. There is far more demand for this motorcar than the supply avails to customers. The model is incredibly versatile as demonstrated by subsequent models such as the 360 Spyder, 360 Challenge, and 360 Challenge Stradale. Also the 360 was the second car to utilize the primitive F1 gearbox. The 360 Challenge Stradale offers a second generation transmission that provides seamless shifting all the way up to the top speed. For the first time, the powerful V8 engine can be seen through a glass window. Buyers are impressed by the high exhaust note that is lacking in the other current Ferrari models. The Ferrari 360 is truly an Italian thoroughbred that combines gorgeous styling and speed for an exceptional overall driving experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts