Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick a model... any model... and tell me what you like about it...

You expect a Ferrari to be somewhat fast since Ferraris race on sunday... you expect them too look nice and sporty even if they're GTs... you expect them too look good in racing red... and you expect them too sound incredible... Those are all a given. But what else?

Too me the 360 Modena is one of my all time favorite 2 seater coupes... I love the looks... at first I actually thought is was ugly, compaired to the sublime F355 no less... But as it grew on me, it's one of my favorite all time shapes... all the curves are perfect... it's a priceless design by Pininfarnia...

Second I just love that engine and the fact that it can rev to the moon... The one I drove had the F1 system which I thought was brilliant. Not half bad in my book actually... it was thrilling and just as exciting as a traditional manual w/ a shift stick...

What about you? :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's hard to say, because one can look at it from different viewpoints. But this would be my short list:

The F40 is my all time favorite. It makes a statement. Like the 250 GTO did: "Good looks and top performance can be combined in a single car". The F40 is the best combination of a superb design and great performance.

However.... I don't desire a F40. It is not the kind of car that you would take for a vacation. It is car for the circuit, which is not my domain. Nice for once or twice a year, but no more.

The 355 is (to me) the most desirable of them all. If you look at it as a last step in the evolution of a design that started of with the 308, this latest version is the best looking. Better looking even than its successor, the 360. The 355 is the best looking Ferrari of all. And it can be used like I like to use it. Taking it for a vacation in the Alps :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Any classic V12 250 Ferrari, because they have soul!

A 288 GTO because of its subtle yet agressive look.

Any Boxer for its timeless design.

Any Dino for its pure beauty.

Heck, any Ferrari I like, even the less desirable as the 400 and GT4!

A Ferrari is a Ferrari, nuff siad!

:lol: Niels

·
Registered
575 Posts
I avoided this thread as I didn't know how to answer it. Really, can anyone just choose one model of Ferrari? They are all so delicious!

Okay, my flavor for the time being (and this is a realistic choice, not fantasy):

1987 GTB Turbo Intercooler

Why?

Has the looks of the 328 - my all-time-favorite model of Ferrari - with a price I can afford! :green:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'm thinking along cars I could potentially buy in the future so I'll exclude any Enzo's, 250GTOs, etc. I like the 308 the most because it's the easiest to make devastatingly fast and is the most intimate of the newer Ferraris (mass produced, starting in the mid 70s). It does have it's drawbacks though in a shitty A/C which makes summer days a little tiring. No wearing a suit, etc in it cause you'll sweat like a pig. Not that I wear suits, but it's strictly a fun car in the summer which I guess in a way is good. The newer cars are less intimate IMO and can't really be modified (not that you'd necessarily want to) BUT the 355 is the best made Ferrari from the factory hands down IMO. No other Ferrari is as well designed and built and I've seen just about everyone from the early 70s on. Plus, it's the last of the boy racer Ferrari 8 cylinders, the 360 is somewhat more gentleman like. I guess I like the 355 most for an everyday car (plus fun on weekends), but the 308 more for a fun car only.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The 550 Maranello. Why do I think this is the best Ferrari ever made? Simple. I own one. Any questions?

:green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I agree with Bart. The 308 GTS is the best Ferrari ever made because I own one. I could be mis-quoting here but I believe it was Confusius who said "A Ferrari in the hand is worth 2 at the dealership" :green: :green:

Actually, that was kind of silly. :roll: I believe that the 308 GTS is the most instantly recognizable Ferrari in the world. The Testarossa would be second. That is just my opinion, but Ferraris are sufficiently rare that not many people have actually seen one in person. Unless they have studied cars in books and magazines, the first time someone spots a 355 or 550, they might not know it is a Ferrari until they see the badge. But when someone sees the 308, they say "Wow! is that a real Ferrari?".

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Pete,
You are right. I had one guy asked me what model my Mustang was. I asked him why he thought it was a Mustang and he pointed to the pranding horse on the rear and said "That is a pony, so what year is your Mustang?" Yipes.

Many think it is a Corvette or an older Camero. Most do not know what it is since the word Ferrari is only found on the top of the trunk lid. It is fun when they do ask. I enjoy telling them what it is.

Everyone knows the 308 from the TV show, Magum PI. It, it my opinion, is THE Ferrari.

Merry Christmas

8) :lol: :green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hey Bart,
Funny you should mention the Mustang thing. I have had someone ask me why my Ferrari had the Mustang emblem on it!

And you suprised me by saying that the 308 is "THE Ferrari". I know how much you are a 12 cylinder fan. (notice I left off the "atic" off the fan.) :green:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I was amazed by that too, from Barts keyboard :p

I think everybody knows the 308 but only as the Magnum Ferrari and that the only Ferrari almost everybody can name by type is the F40!

Niels

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have loved Ferrari since the mid sixties but the 308 is THE Ferrari for me. I learned about the 550 only after I test drove it and compared it to the 360. That is when I realize what a V-12 is compared to a V-8.

The sad thing about the 550 is it is so hard to test drive. If more would test drive it, then more would want to buy it, thereby driving up the price. Since I already have one, I could sell it and make money.

Opps, sell my beast - NEVER. I must be drunk thinking that way.

Merry Christmas!

:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts