Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi board. I am a loooooooooooooong time reader & first time poster.

I'm a die hard Ferrari fan but not an owner "yet", I believe they are the prettiest & greatest cars on earth & I truly admire everything about Enzo Ferrari himself. His passion for racing & just for cars itself.

Anyways..................I was over on another board this evening when I came across a thread about the soon to be newest Ferrari.

Italiaspeed just released an exclusive article on their website. The new Ferrari 600 Testarossa & it looks & sounds AWESOME!!!!!!

With a top speed of over 211 mph they say Ferrari is slowly taking their time making this new car because they want it to be "Perfect". :green:

Hope you guys and gals enjoy this. I know it raised my excitement for this new car.

http://www.italiaspeed.com/

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer said:
It looks like the relationship between the 575 replacemetn and the 612 will be very similar to that of the 456 GT and the 550.
what do you mean, Boxer?

what is the relationship between the 550 and the 456 GT?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys think it will really have a top speed of about 211 mph?

I know a lot of Lambo fanboys are pretty scared after reading that article.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Ferrari Lover said:

211 mph is A LOT

but well, 15 years ago McLaren built a car that did it

why couldn´t Ferrari build one now?

·
Registered
509 Posts
stile - alpine said:
Ferrari Lover said:

211 mph is A LOT

but well, 15 years ago McLaren built a car that did it

why couldn´t Ferrari build one now?
Its never been about whether they can or cannot build a car that goes 211 mph ... can we say formula one?!

My assumption has always been its not necessarily a goal of theirs with respect to the design of the car. Granted I think 211 is way to excessive, faster seems to be better these days and in the market. Someone else will have to give their opinion, I dont know how much Ferrari caters to the wants of the public with respect to speed, hp, torque, etc as much as they do design.

But again, I dont know what runs through their heads and all that I can do is assume. We will see, I really want to see how similar the body design is to the 612.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
FunkyJunc, I really don´t think that you should compare race cars with street legal cars (specially F1 cars)...

I believe Ferrari wants to build always the fastest car, and that´s whay, in my opinion, makes of it such a loved factory

but, as you said, we can only wait and see... I hope they show us a good surprise!

·
Registered
5 Posts
:evil:
ok, how many here would try to go 211mph if they knew they had the power to?
:eek: :eek:
OMG, the man should just suspend my liscense now!

·
Registered
509 Posts
The only reason I made the analogy with F1 is because it shows that with countless hours of research and investment you can create a vehicle to a wide array of specifications. Being that the Ferrari team has been building cars for so long, I was curious if flat out speed was their goal. Maybe acceleration, maybe handling, maybe a handful of other characteristics that would contribute to a cars track time. Who knows. I also wanted to through out the notion of Ferrari playing to the desires of the public; more hp = better car or higher top speed=better car. Im sure it happens to some extent, but to how much I dont know and Im curious to see what others think.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Ferrari announced a few years (I think) ago that they were not going into the race for the fastest car, since top speed isn't the most important factor anymore. It's handling. When a car handles good, it goes round a track quick. When a car handles perfect, it goes round quicker.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Ferrari announced a few years (I think) ago that they were not going into the race for the fastest car, since top speed isn't the most important factor anymore. It's handling. When a car handles good, it goes round a track quick. When a car handles perfect, it goes round quicker.
that´s an interesting point of view

but what do you think about some small English cars (like Lotus, for example), that are very small, very light, have small engines, and still are VERY fast in tracks?

is that more efficient than a car like a Ferrari, bigger, heavier, but with more hp´s?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If my car will go 211 then I am going to do it, but at least I just do it at the track as the man will, and has, taken my license no questions asked. Lost it in '89 for 186 in a 55.......Not too cool. :oops:

Mikel

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Dr.Bob just kind of solidified what I was hinting at. Flat out speed, while important isnt what ferrari is about. Racing is what ferrari is about. That entails corners, braking, weight distribution, etc. I conceed speed is a neccessity in the racing equation, but it would be hard to make an argument for its sole contribution to the success of a car.

Just a thought ... who needs Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes when all you want to do is go faster?! No brakes on mikeltm's 600 Imola! :wink: (j/k)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do not go that fast on the street anymore, a year without a license was enough, plus my insurance bills went way up for a while. Wait let me clarify that, I do not go very fast in the State of Colorado, as soon as I hit the state line I tend to exceed the speed limit by quite a bit, if the conditions are good for it. An out of state ticket is only money and does not go on my driving record, impacting my license or insurance. So you just have to decide on how much you want to spend. Aside from that the 550 and its apparent successor the 600 are fast, smooth, comfortable, quiet, handle superbly, and most importantly just a joy to drive, and in my opinion what a true SuperCar should be. Also it is nice to know that should the necessity arise you can do over 200mph. I just have to, in my mind at least, justify that necessity.

Mikel

1 - 20 of 26 Posts