Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is here and it's time for my main detailing session on my 93 Mondial t cab. The tan leather interior (especially the seats) have gotten dry and hard. I havent worked on leather much. I would shure appreciate any help or advice one can give on conditioning and cleaning,as well as recommendatons of specific products you think are the best to use.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Without a doubt the best is http://www.leatherique.com . Have used MANY and this stuff is BY FAR the best.

Use the Rejuvenator Oil in a good dose, let it sit for a day or three on the leather. It helps if you can get the leather warm to hot.

Then use Prestine Clean to wipe off any excess/extra Rejuv and clean the leather.

NOTE: it will feel a bit tacky for a few days after this, but that goes away and the leather should be very soft, pliable, and AMAZINGLY soft.

NOTE: the leather seats in the Ferrari 308 (and perhaps others) have a kind of lacquer coating on the leather. This interferes with the raw leather. Therefore one might want to strip off the stock lacquer first (not an easy task).

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I visited the learherique site yesterday. The information there blew me away. It looks like everything I need to know is there. I'm almost shure i have the laquer coating. I need to confirm this. If so this will haved saved me many failed attempts with the traditional products out there. thanks a lot for the great tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts