Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
I started my Testarossa today and the “slow down cylinder 1-6” light came on the second I started it. There was a strange noise coming from the back and I smelled fuel and perhaps oil with a gust of smoke, I immediately turned of the car. What happen, do you think I have a major problem?
Thanks!
Bob

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Guys!
I started my Testarossa today and the “slow down cylinder 1-6” light came on the second I started it. There was a strange noise coming from the back and I smelled fuel and perhaps oil with a gust of smoke, I immediately turned of the car. What happen, do you think I have a major problem?
Thanks!
Bob

Do you still have cats? Cats could be clogged.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my 1-6 cyl light seems to have a bit of a short in it...that sensor is known for failures that light on a rossa should only pop up if the cats get too hot which does not happen immideately after startup...sounds like you have a bad/confused sensor or a pinch somewhere in the wiring.

As for the puff of fuel/oil smoke that is very common on a rossa when they sit for awhile as the oil in the bores collects at the bottom of them (since it is a flat motor) and burns off when you start the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!
Bob
PS-SilverGTS, what is the upkeep like on your Diablo? I have been considering the purchase of one. Thanks!
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts