Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Testarossa gauge lights and headlights

what color are the guage lights, as i've seen many vids and pics to determine a straight-up color..is it fully orange, or red/orange, or just some shade of red or..thanks..and also what is the color of the original tr headlights? thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it straight-up orange or does it have a little red in it? i've seen way too many vids and pics to tell an exact thing, so i want to know from an owner..thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i wanna know what color the headlights are originally..all white, or white with a mixture of some blueish or yellow?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
also i wanna know what color the headlights are originally..all white, or white with a mixture of some blueish or yellow?
All headlights up until the late 90's early 2000's were incandescent. Some were halogen.

The incandescent is somewhat yellowish.

Halogen is whiter.

Xenon is very white.

Blue is not an approved color.

Lamp color depends upon the kelvin number.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok..because in some places i see the yellowish color and then in miami vice i saw how it was halogen..and what about the gauges please? is it just orange or does it have any red in it? i can't really tell..and what color are your headlights? thanks again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no that was the daytona..there were 2 testarossas that were real, and then the 3rd one was a pantera body with testarossa salvaged parts on it..so can someone pleaaaaaase tell me what the color of the gauges are (all orange or some red in it) and if your tr headlights have halogen white or yellow bulbs..thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the info about the roof..but does it have keyless entry seriously though

·
Registered
308 Posts
TR gauge lighting is orange-red in color. The original TR headlights were what all cars in the 1980s were...white to a slight hint of yellow. The headliner is leather as is just about all of the interior panels, it must have taken 5 or 6 cows to make all of that leather! TRs did not have keyless entry. They also did not have cruise control, or power locks, or power trunk release, or even a decent stereo system. They did have power door mirrors, AC, power windows, manual-tilt steering wheel. The carpets are Wilton Wool...very expensive stuff for the day. TRs also did NOT have power seats...with the exception of a few cars that were special ordered with Ricaro seats - I'e never seen one in person, only in a picture once many years ago.

What other Testarossa specific questions do you have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you are awesome..thanks so much for the info..can the driver seat go high for smaller people to see? i may have other questions that i need to remember haha..thanks so much

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
also can you show me the set of keys of an 80s testarossa? always wondered how they look..thanks again

1 - 20 of 32 Posts