Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am the proud UK owner of a 86 Testarossa in Giallo Fly with Black Leather Interior. I have owned the car for just under a year now (Its my first Ferrari-but definitely not the last!) and gradually getting it back to standard condition. This is also my first post!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of getting the leather on the top of the dashboard replaced/repaired? Mine has shrunk over the years and in the far corners of the o/s and n/s of it has started to lift and is looking unsightly.

Has anyone ever had this repaired in the UK or even tried it themselves? I have been quoted one price of nearly £1000 GBP to get it done and another trimmer quoted me about £150 GBP if I got the dashboard out myself. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Some car :)

I know a guy in the Netherlands who does concoursjobs on upholstery for cars. Maybe a bit more ecpensive but definately worth the extra money. They offered him the production for the new Spyker, but he wants to do all sorts of work, not only Spykers :)

Welcome here

BTW the guy doesn't have a website, but he does have a phone, and even fax:

Peter Jansens
Phone: +31 313415953
Fax: +31 313415719

If you have any problems with your interior, call him, I will posts of the seats of my dad later when he has got them back

·
Registered
770 Posts
Looks gorgeous Pete - where do you find it?

I'd suggest you have a chat with Joe Macari in Wandsworth (0208 877 0157). They have a relationship with a chap that sorted the seats on my 348 - and he did a fabulous job.

Can't be any more help I'm afraid, as it's not something I've heard of anyone else having repaired.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far and comments on the car.

Joe Macari is very local to me, less than 3 minutes from my house! I will pop in, in the new year and see if he can help. I think the cost will only come down to taking the dashboard out, which I can see is going to be a pain.

I got the car from Switzerland. A friend of mine is a car dealer and found it for me and i just had to have it! I am slowly doing bits and pieces to it, as work takes over a lot of my time. I recenty managed to get a 3 piece set up luggage for it which is stunning.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I love the yellow color. Really great looking car you have and I can understand the "I just had to have it" Ferraris do that to people. Welcome to the site and good luck on getting the leather fixed on your dash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to have a 1986 as well and decided to do a dash repair myself. Although the disassembly was not that hard the shrunken leather had warped the fiberglass pieces and that was the biggest problem to repair. When I had fixed them I just took them to a local upolstery shop and had them recoved and reinstalled them.... not a lot of fun but I did save some money in the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts