Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys..is the testarossa's clutch shifter (any year) easier to shift than any other car, like a honda or subaru or something..it seems like it is..other stickshift cars i dont seem to get the way you shift because it seems like you can mess up and shift into the wrong gear, but the testarossa's seems easier, but i hear you need muscles to shift it..i love the styling of it though..and i also had a dream just last night about shifting the testarossa..thought it was pretty easy..hopefully it is..thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello...the Testarossa requires deliberate effort to shift properly, but the gated shifter plate does assure your getting into the gear you want. It's true that sometimes in other cars that don't have the shifter gate like Ferraris use, you can miss a gear or go into the wrong gear.

Your "dream" was basically correct, a properly adjusted shifter on a Testarossa is fairly easy to shift.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi..thanks so much..looks like i need to hit the gym then :rofl: thanks..i had a feeling you would be able to shift into the gear you want..you just need effort..thanks again

·
Registered
167 Posts
Occasionally on a cold gearbox the Testarossa will be a little stiff...that 1-2 dogleg is just a bit fussy on mine until she is warm...also if you are having trouble putting it into first at a stoplight put it into 3rd then go back to first for some reason it helps on mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts