Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well like most of you, my childhood dream is about to come true. I want to buy a testarossa. I had an investment come through I could put it back in the market or drive a car of my dreams. But i have no clue what I should look for. Few questions if someone can help me out:
1. i've seeing the prices from 45-75k. What should i expect to pay?
2. is there a big difference with a red head with 30k miles vs. 12k miles and 20K more. Is it worth it?
3. how should i go about looking and processing the decision making process?
4. Would you go a dealer or individual and save?
5. Can I buy a good reliable red head in the 40's (that's my comfort range)
6. annually what will i spend on maintenance?
7. can i drive the car daily 80 miles 12,000 miles a year and still maintain some retail value?
8. can it be a daily driver.
9. What is the most comon problem with them?

Well, I think she has to be red. I'm exicited. If someone can share a little with a brohter in Colorado and teach me the ropes. if you hear of any cars i should look at, shoot me an email, just make sure to put testarossa in the subject line. thanks alot

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
First off, with a fist full of cash, I'd get the car of your dreams. Investing it would be wise but you never know what is going to happen and who wants to die with a million dollars in the bank? I plan on dying a penny-less, bitter old man. I plan on owing a million dollars when I die. "I had a GOOD life." If you have the means to achieve your dreams then do it NOW! But to answer your questions:

1- Most of the TRs are in the $55k-60k range.
2- I'd rather have the one with 30k miles and save the $. (provided the major service is complete).
3- That is an individual choice. Get the cash and spend it how you please.
4- Same as above. I bought mine through a dealer. If you go through an individual make sure you get a PPI.
5- Probably not. A $40k TR will probably have some issues and you will end up spending $10k to fix them. If 40k is your comfort range maybe you should be looking at a 3x8? You can get a nice V-8 Ferrari for that kind of money.
6- Depending on your mileage, plan on around $1,200/year. That would be averaging it out. Could be $100 this year and $3,400 next year and $100 the year after that.
7- 12k miles a year will affect resale value but you are not looking at Ferrari ownership as an investment are you? Collector car insurance limits you to 2,500 miles a year and I think that is about average for a Ferrari. You want the collector car insurance. The insurance on my 308 is $200 a year for full coverage.
8- I don't think it is a good daily driver, I'd like to have something else in the driveway. Something like a Dodge Ram 4x4. I look to the sky before taking out the Ferrari, the Dodge lives outside and there is no weather I can't take it out in. The only vehicle my Dodge Ram can pass that my Ferrari can't pass is a plow truck.
9- The most common problem is random women asking you for sex. Other than that it is just the timing belts which require removal of the engine. The power windows are a common problem also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
testarossa buying questions

thanks that helps a lot and gives me hope. you are right. enjoy what God has given you and i'm believing that He wants me to drive the testarossa. :drive:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts