Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Is there any chance that the steering ecu is executed differently between the 550 and the 575? Would think that I would notice a heavy feel down low and it seems that you guys are seeing a noticeable difference.

Bill
FL
Bill, no, both 550 and 575M use the same steering ECU. #168034

If one would want an even more aggressive steering ECU than the FHP I believe in a few weeks we will be able to provide that, stay tuned, we're working on it.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Dave- The two or three button remote looks pretty good. Unfortunately, Homelink only works from 288-399 Mhz, so that is out without another relay. Easy enough to have it installed in your rear view mirror.
Terry, you just get a Clicker universal remote, take the PC board out, put it in the receiver box and wire the switches to one of the receiver's on board relays, it should be no problem. I'm thinking about doing exactly that. I already have a Clicker remote stuck under the left side of the driver's seat. I just reach down, find it and push either button. It's been there for almost 4 years now and I've never had to change the battery yet.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If one would want an even more aggressive steering ECU than the FHP I believe in a few weeks we will be able to provide that, stay tuned, we're working on it.
Aww Dave, we're supposed to be the Skunk Works, not the White House rumor mill that leaks everything before it's time :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Aww Dave, we're supposed to be the Skunk Works, not the White House rumor mill that leaks everything before it's time :)
Hey!, it works for Apple, Steve Jobs made a pretty good living keeping folk anticipating the next offering. :)

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Next magic the Skunk Works could perform would be to duplicate the 550 Shock Absorber ECU. Will not work for us 575 guys, but there are a lot more 550s out there. Besides which, the ECU I put in my car says Fiorano Handling Package, even though there is no such thing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Taz, that's definitely high on our list.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Terry, you just get a Clicker universal remote, take the PC board out, put it in the receiver box and wire the switches to one of the receiver's on board relays, it should be no problem. I'm thinking about doing exactly that. I already have a Clicker remote stuck under the left side of the driver's seat. I just reach down, find it and push either button. It's been there for almost 4 years now and I've never had to change the battery yet.
Terry,

Here is a picture of the latest iteration. The garage door opener is the PC board in the top half, you can see the Ferrari remote PC board and the relay is to operate the trunk solenoid.

You are never going to loose a Ferrari remote with this setup because its hard wired in the box as is the garage opener.

Additional 3 button remotes only cost 10 euros and are easy to program.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Dave- Looks pretty interesting and ingenious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this switchable steering ecu still available?

Where is a reliable source for the FHP ecu?? The one thing I don't care for about my 456 is the light steering

I have even more of a problem with my 612- Is there a solution for this from the 599??

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Moe, Dave made a couple more harnesses to order, but I don't think he's interested in doing more. They're a real PITA, and he barely recovers his cost & none of the aggravation.

For your 456 and the FHP ECU's, if you have a later 456M we can help - the earlier 456's ones use a different system.

For the 612, it appears the same steering ECU is common to the 612, the 599, and the 458: Ferrari Parts : 188788 : 188788 HYDRAULIC STEERING CONTROL EL…. It would be interesting to have a look inside one of these ECU's and see how it's setup and whether it can be reprogrammed as we've done with the FHP ECU's.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Is this switchable steering ecu still available?

Where is a reliable source for the FHP ecu?? The one thing I don't care for about my 456 is the light steering

I have even more of a problem with my 612- Is there a solution for this from the 599??
I have one all done and ready to ship. It was for a guy who promised to buy but never came through.

PM me for details.

On edit, This will not work on a 456, only works on 456M and 550

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Moe- We do not have access to late 612 and 599 parts catalogs, so cannot look for hydraulic steering ECU parts numbers. For your 612, check with your nearest Ferrari dealer and see if there is a different hydraulic steering ECU for the 612 HGTC/HGTS packages or for the 599 HGTE package. If there is, that should make a worthwhile upgrade for your 612.

For the 456, like John said, you are out of luck unless you can convince Eric or Dave to see about modifying the software to include FHP like hydraulic pressure scheduling. The hydraulic steering ECUs are cheap for the 456, up to Assembly Number 19289, part number is 155178, $181.34, 19290 and higher, 166852, $132 from Ricambi. If either of them is willing to try, parts cost is pretty cheap.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts