Ferrari Life Forum banner

Super value 348 - colour putting people off?

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Boxer 
#1 ·
#5 ·
It's a 16 year old car!!! How can under 3k a year be on the high side? Or, to put it another way, it's funny how there are so many Ferraris that go on the market at under 30k miles but look like they've been thrashed every day for the last ten years... And even if a car had done a few hundred miles a year my immediate thought would be that there would be a whole lot of things stored up to go wrong when it did get used. Mechanical objects need to be used.

Jonathan

#6 ·
A friend has just bought a 308 GTS here in Monaco & it has 128.000km (70.000 miles app) on the clock by one owner its been serviced by the local Ferrari dealer & runs as sweet as a nut, the only thing that was wrong with it is the paint was pink from the sun but i soon sorted that out to look at it now you would not think it had that milage on it - as the saying goes never judge a book by its cover!!

D

#7 ·
348s are an absolute bargain at the moment. I don't think they've ever received good criticism from the press so the demand for them is small and everyone wants a red one for some reason (except me!) I've never been spoilt by driving any thing else other than on test drives and the F355 doesn't feel that much different really. Saved myself £20k by not being choosy as well.

I personally think the blue looks like it's an MR2 a bit!

I passed a garage the other day that did MR2 body kits and conversions and was tempted to go in and ask if they did an MR2 lookalike body kit for a Ferrari, but managed to refrain!

#8 ·
I passed a garage the other day that did MR2 body kits and conversions and was tempted to go in and ask if they did an MR2 lookalike body kit for a Ferrari, but managed to refrain!
PMSL:rofl:
I totally agree on 348's, they do appear to be super value at the moment, as do 308's & 328's for that matter.
Surely prices can't remain this depressed for too much longer?

#9 ·
Now's the time to realise the dream of owning your fantasy car.

I'm just glad that the Merc brigade that drive their £60k shopping cars are too daft to realise that they are paying over the odds for something quite bland.

Park a 20odd K Ferrari in a car park full of more expensive Mercs, Beemers, Audis (trying to think of something trendy but not german and struggling, don't want to mention the "p" word) Lexi etc and you know damned well where the crowd will be!

Chuffed to monkeys at my purchase, if that means anything to our American friends

#12 ·
Stopped at the Hotel De France in Jersey last year and a 308 GTB arrived outside (could have been a 328, I didn't know the difference last year) and nestled itself amongst the expensive Mercs.

The hotel manager sent a Bell Boy out to watch over the car whillst the owner was in the hotel.

Much respect!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.