Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping one or more of you "super tech's" might be able to help out a guy who is a little dim... I stated in a ealier post that I changed out my fuel pump and now have warm/hot starting trouble. Well I'm relatively certain now that I have a vapor lock problem. The car starts cold pretty well (2 cranks), but once she's hot and been turned off for more than five minutes it's 15-20 cranks to sputter to life but then once she's idling she runs like a champ again. I can hear a hissing and sort of a quick "gurgle/bubble" sound from the fuel lines/pump/filter/accumulator area in between hot starting cranks - hope that made sense??? Anyway instead of now random changing fuel system parts, hoping someone has the cure. I am kinda thinking that it's the accumulator, but he PO said it was changed 6-8 months ago, and I can confirm this after changing the pump, it looks new. I dunno?? I doubt it's filters because they'd be bad nearly all the time, poor drivibility, etc, not my case. Please some give me a hand before I replace something I don't need to! As always, Thanks in advance -

·
Registered
82 Posts
i might be able to help you out but i need to know if this is an elecronically fuel injected car. if it is i have a couple of suggestions. but right off the bat i will tell u to change your plugs and to time the car again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts