Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 308 for a blast yesterday morning. I haven't done that for so long and it was sensational!

My wife is giving birth tomorrow morning so I thought that seeing as we will be pretty housebound for the next month or so, it would be good to get out.

I took the 308 for a drive out to the Kyalami race circuit where there was an Alfa Romeo day. The 308 sang beautifully all the way there and at the circuit there was an awesome display. There was an array of old Alfas as well as the new 8C convertible on display - I think it is a concept/pre-production model and is breathtakingly gorgeous.

Alfa Romeo South Africa had all the models in their lineup waiting in the pitlane and I got to drive a couple of them on the track. The Brera 3.2 is beautiful but too heavy to be much fun on the track but the 159 2.2 was surprisingly lively. A good friend of mine was an instructor on the day and he let me go pretty mental on the circuit! All-in-all I drove at least 15 laps. I haven't driven on the track for a year and it was amazing how rusty I was. By the end I was starting to get my groove back though.

On the drive home, I had gotten most of the adrenalin out of my system but still gave the little beauty some horns!

Overall an awesome morning of Italian motoring.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
a lot of fun, then, very nice!

good luck to you and your wife with the baby!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Sounds like a good way to spend a Winter's day on the Highveld-hope you took the roof off the GTSi? Nothing like blasting along on a crisp Winter's morning in Johannesburg with the sun shining and the Ferrari howling along enjoying the cold air. And to do some hot laps around Kyalami in a "company" car, what a bonus!

Will be thinking of you and Jodi tomorrow. All the best.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Ahh, good times. Sounds like a great ride and an awesome day. I imagine by the time I am writing this the little one has arrived and you are now changing diapers instead of polish rags?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations, and that really sounded like a blast!

Chris

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's out and all's well

Hi guys

Thanks for all the good wishes. Ny daughter was born yesterday and she and my wife are both perfect.

I will have to get out of the house for the next few weeks or I will have some cabin fever. I will take my other daughter for some nice drives no doubt.

Take care all

Mike

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Congratulations Mike, this is great news!

Berlinetta Superfast Schumacher has a great ring to it and it is great that Jodi has agreed to naming your daughter thus.

Please send my regards to Jodi and Shanya and of course, to Berlinetta.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
great to know your family is well and growing! many congratulations and good luck with the parenthood, that's a very noble profession!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys

My wife vetoed all the Ferrari nomenclatures and this morning we named my daughter Mira Ella.

Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Hi guys

Thanks for all the good wishes. Ny daughter was born yesterday and she and my wife are both perfect.

I will have to get out of the house for the next few weeks or I will have some cabin fever. I will take my other daughter for some nice drives no doubt.

Take care all

Mike
Congrats, pleased to hear that your wife and daughter are both well. Hope you are too, and managing to get some sleep. My own daughter is now 7 mths old and sleeping for 10-12 hours at night, after the first 3 months of no sleep it's nice to be able to get a good nights sleep regularly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts