Ferrari Life Forum banner

Sumitomo Tires

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  F355 Challenge 
#1 ·
Anyone ever used these tires. Tire rack has them rated over the Michelins
I'm looking at the ones that are H rated 205/70r14.
Boy are they cheap. Do you think the Michelins are really worth 2.5 times as much???
Any opinions.

Thanks
Kelly

#2 ·
Kelly, I have heard nothing but good about those tires from the dealer where I buy my tires and he is a Michelin dealer. He rates them along with the Michelin. I wouldn't be afraid to try them. You know advertiseing brings the price up on a lot of products. I have always used Michelins but from what I have heard the professionals say it is a great tire.

#10 ·
I wanted to let yawl know that I ordered the P4000. They were $58.oo and in stock at Vistoria tire. I did not want to buy from tire rack becasue i would have had to pay sales tax. They have a location in Shreveport, plus they were out of stock. So I got 4 tires including shipping for $290.00.

One of my decideing factors was that I talked to a guy named Carlos at the madewood concours last october. After about 1.5 hours of conversation, I found out he was the president of perrelli north america. WOW what a nice guy, and for only $40 more, i would not be hiding my tires from him at the next conours. HAHA

Thx to everyone. Ed good to see you here.

#11 ·
Kelly,

Several months ago I also ordered new tires for my 1976 308 GTB. I was able to find a source for European VR-rated P4000s, but decided on the XWXs. The new tires are on the car now and I'm very pleased. They replaced some older XWXs and so I have no way of making any comparisons.

Barry

#12 ·
I got my tires and got them mounted. Boy did I learn a big lesson. The front wheel bolts are longer than the rear bolts.

When I took my tires off I put the bolts all in one bucket. Put the tires back on took a bolt out as needed.

Car would not move.

Several longer wheel bolts of the front were in the rears and pressing against the frame.

After I learned this lesson, I went 135mph.

I will probablely not need sex for a week.
My poor wife.

OH Well.

#14 ·
Kelly and Pete,

Yes, the bolts for the front and rear wheels are different sizes and not interchangable. The owner's manual only briefly alludes to this:

"The front wheel fixing bolts must not be used on the rear wheels and viceversa."

Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.