1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm guessing the cost to bring that (poor) Daytona back to life would be monumental. :( Looks like they have a lot of the parts tho.... Finding a reputable coachbuilder would be a start. :)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
My guess is that the resale value will be around $175- $200k assuming it is repaired properly. Despite asking prices approaching $300k, I know good drivers are still changing hands in the $175k range.

Simple math is why they are selling it. There is no way this one can be rebuilt for under $60k and could easily end up in the $150+ range. T. Rutlands is a very well established firm. If they thought they could make money putting it back together and selling it, they would. Another bad math car that unfortunately will likely end up being broken up for parts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yep....BOXER hit the nail on the head. Rutlands has a good reputation and lots of experience. I'm in total agreement with Boxer. If there was room to make any money....it would not be for sale on ebay. I still think there is some room, but more for an enthusiast and not a business. If anyone has ever seen and heard a Daytona in person....then you know it is very tempting to entertain the thought of fixing one up. They are awesome cars!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Yep....BOXER hit the nail on the head. Rutlands has a good reputation and lots of experience. I'm in total agreement with Boxer. If there was room to make any money....it would not be for sale on ebay. I still think there is some room, but more for an enthusiast and not a business. If anyone has ever seen and heard a Daytona in person....then you know it is very tempting to entertain the thought of fixing one up. They are awesome cars!
+1: stay away from car unless you have some emotional attachment, like in your family or something....you'll pour more money into that project than you could imagine. Restored many 'project' cars, and even though it's a Daytona, you would be better off paying up front and fixing issues than this project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts